024 | JENNIFER HOLLOWAY // SWIMMING

[ 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。  JENNIFER HOLLOWAY / SWIMMING  。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 ]

THE WHOLE CAFETERIA is filled with loud chatter like it is every other day, however, today feels different. something is off.

i look over at the Hellfire table, trying to find some type of reassurance that maybe it's just all in my head.

instead, i find a nervous Eddie Munson, his fingers playing with his guitar pick necklace. i snap my head around, looking at Chrissy who sits beside me.

"you okay?" she questions, removing herself from Jason's conversation. i nod, pushing down the weird nervous feeling in my stomach.

something isn't right and i don't really want to be here to find out. the cafeteria doors open harshly, Jennifer and the group of petty cheerleaders striding inside, a milkshake in hand.

Jennifer Holloway, aka Heather Holloway's little sister. i haven't seen her since quitting cheer. i have successfully avoided her all this time.

however, with her making a beeline towards me, i can't help but feel this isn't going to end well. at all.

"Harrington" her voice is loud and filled with venom. the cafeteria falls silent, everyone's beady eyes on us.

i shift in my seat, looking up at her strangely, "can i help you?" my voice is as loud as her own.

she snickers, holding the milkshake firmly in her hands, "i hope you know that quitting cheer was the worst thing you ever could've done" she spits, the other members of the squad letting out giggles.

"you'll pay for it, ruining our team" she warns me, my eyebrows raising in response as i remove myself from my seat, standing in front of her.

"is that a threat Holloway?" i squint my eyes at her. her eyes fill with darkness, no words coming out of her mouth.

the cold liquid splatters over my white shirt and black jeans, my eyes widening as i realise what just happened. she threw her chocolate milkshake on me.

"you're going to wish you never did that" my voice is filled with anger. i don't hesitate to lunge at her, pulling her to the ground.

i throw a punch, pulling myself onto her torso. Jennifer groans, trying to reach for my hair. i don't stop however, feeling something come over me.

i continue to land punches at her face, not stopping when the red liquid begins to fall from her nose. i cant even feel my knuckles, the punches flying at her. "GET OFF ME!" she screams.

"whoa Harrington!" Chrissy finally grabs onto me, attempting to pull me off her but fails miserably.

"she did this to herself" i breath heavily, looking down at the girl who lays underneath me, squirming and whimpering.

"sweetheart stop"

and i do so, stopping at the sound of his voice. his arms wrap tightly around me, pulling me off her and away from the situation.

"SHOWS OVER!" i shout, getting pulled from the cafeteria and into the nearest bathroom. i remove myself from Eddie's grip, pacing back and forth in the almost empty bathroom.

Chrissy rushes inside, locking the door behind us. "Caitlin your hands" she comments, trying to get me to stop moving.

i wriggle out of her grip, continuing to pace up and down the stalls. i can not believe she did that. i cannot believe I did that. i have never punched someone, apart from Steve before.