Bonus (2D) Happy Birthday Aaru

Bonus (2D)

Aarohi Goenka, or Dr. Aarohi, as she was called, was a bit upset at how none of her family members had called her, neither texted her, more-so not even a formal, fake wish from any staff or fellow doctors. Things were so stranger, that Aarohi had to check for real with the calendar whether or not it was her birthday. The hospital receptionist informed her that the emergency she was called in for was handled by an on-call doctor, and that since she had taken a leave for the day, there were no appointments, no patients coming in and Aarohi felt like she should just smash her head by banging against the wall.

But then, she thought sleeping the day off was a better option, after all, which doctor would give up on the idea of having a good rest as opposed to doing literally anything else. So, Aarohi's feet first headed towards the exit, but then she halted, not because she was surprised by anyone, but because she was not. Heading home and seeing her family forget about her birthday would only upset her and make her madder, and she could not rest in such an anxious state. Hence, Aarohi headed back to her cabin, this would be a nicer way to rest, a comfortably cool place, and no one to disturb once she drops the binders.

However, before she could open the cabin door, a very startled voice, yes that voice itself was startled, was heard and Aarohi turned to see Dr. Abhimanyu Birla, or his brother-in-law Abhi approach her, calling out to her from the end of the hallway.

"Aarohi..." He yelled, rushing towards her and stood in front of her, "I mean Dr. Aaru," He fumbled with the amount of names people called her with, "I mean Aarohi Goenka..."

Aarohi shook her head, "What is it Abhi?" She asked calmly rather, surprised to see Abhimanyu, the always calm and collected soul to be this wavy and bothered. "All good?" She asked, now facing the tall frame who had his eyes behind her, like he was talking to someone and when Aarohi was about to turn back to confront Abhi's line of sight, Abhimanyu once again called out to her and in a very loud voice that too.

"ALL GOOD," He yelled, and then covered it up with a laugh, a very high pitched, squealing laugh which made Aarohi and the bystanders look at Abhimanyu in concern. "HOW ARE YOU?" He asked, now making a concerned face, his expressions a bit worried, his eyes still darting behind her and Aarohi was truly confused now.

"We spoke in the morning, Abhi..." She said, casually, "you don't remember?"

"Morning?" Abhimanyu again spoke in a high pitched voice, his eyes darting behind her and she was about to turn again when he nodded, "oh yes, morning, this morning you mean?" He asked, his hands waving in the air, as if telling someone to move aside, "I thought you meant, yesterday morning because yesterday morning we did not meet...." He waved his hand and when Aarohi questioned him what he was doing, Abhi chuckled, saying something on the lines of there being a lot of mosquitoes around where Aarohi could spot none. "So..." Abhimanyu elongated that so, so much that Aarohi was now doubtful of what was happening. "What you upto?"

But being too tired of her personal sorrow, she did not want to dive into the matters of anyone else, plus she never really was the nosey one, "just heading in my cabin to catch a wink..."

"Alright then..." Abhimanyu smiled, nodding and completely forgetting why he was here, and when two faces shook their head from behind her, he shook his head too. "NOOO..." He yelled, before Aarohi could open the door to her cabin, "I mean, no..." He corrected his tone, "you cannot go in."

Aarohi shook her head, "why?"

"Why?" Abhimanyu repeated her question, "Why?" He rubbed the back of his neck and questioned the problem makers from behind the weirded out girl, "why...." Abhimanyu tried reading what the two adults, in their mid-thirties people were acting out, "clapping..."

"What?"

"mosquitoes-" He corrected the wrong guess, "loads of mosquitoes in your cabin, I have told the cleaning staff to sanitise the entire thing and you cannot go in because it is still covered in repellants and disinfectants and smells really bad so maybe we should go have a cup of coffee..." All that he said in one breath and Aarohi was too overwhelmed by Abhimanyu who was acting out of place. "Let's go, then?"

"Okay," Aarohi said but Abhimanyu did not even wait for her confirmation as he headed to the cafeteria, the Aarohi clueless and lost, as she followed him.

"Uff," Neil came out from the not-so hiding place, and sighed, "ye aapke pati bhi na, aaj toh hum pakde jaate..."

"I know right, tumhara bhai..." Akshara sighed too, relief washing them both as the little Karthik watched them both and shook his head.

"Abh chale?" He spoke, already heading towards Aarohi's cabin, "because I am not sure how Dr. Aarohi will last with Dr. Abhi in his squealing and flustered voice."

And since that little kid of 8 years made a very good point, Neil Akshara and the helpers they brought along followed the kid in the cabin, all to surprise the birthday girl. 

_

There Aarohi had no clue why she was having coffee with her brother-in-law, or the most prominent doctor of Birla Hospital. Her clinic was where she always to be found and on her in-laws request had agreed to tag along in Birla Hospital twice a week to check on the kids. But she knew for a fact that Dr. Abhimanyu Birla was never a free soul, especially when it came to his profession. He was always super busy, so busy that Akshara had made him take leave at weekends so he could spend time with them and their twins, and him sipping coffee with her on a busy week day was really a matter of concern for her.

And the fact that they hardly spoke a word since they arrived here was also not helping.

"Abhimanyu," Aarohi spoke up, now impatient, because she really wanted to rest up for the day and if not any celebration, atleast she could sleep it off. "Is there something wrong? Are you okay?"

Abhimanyu looked up from what he was doing, which was basically staring at the coffee, "yes?"

"Yes is something wrong, or yes you are okay?"

"Yes," He grinned, which was a sign of him being hesitant and she knew that. 

"Listen, I am leaving," Aarohi said, getting up and Abhimanyu stood up immediately, "I have to head home and you must be busy too..."

"Home?" Abhimanyu looked at his watch and then typed something on his mobile and then looked at Aarohi, "I thought you were going to rest up in your cabin?"

She shrugged, "I think I should head home, its... I..." She frowned as Abhimanyu again looked at her mobile, "all okay?" She asked but remembered how hesitant Abhimanyu was that morning so she shook her head, "never mind, I am leaving,"

"No... No wait..." Abhimanyu stood in front of her, shaking his head, "you cannot go..."

Aarohi frowned, "what? why?"

Abhimanyu gulped, saying the only thing that came in his mind that moment, "Akshara..."

And Aarohi felt her heartbeat drop as she heard her sister's name in distress and on they went to Aarohi's cabin, Abhi only hoped everything was okay while Aaru prayed for her sister's well-being.

_

A/N

will update the last part soon!