3. such a chamgadar

3. such a chamgadar

Aarohi was bored to death with the conversations of the elders. It had not been five minutes since the meeting and she already wanted to dip. When she yawned for the third time in two minutes, Akshara glared at her from across the room and she shrugged, making pleading faces to her elder sister.

I have to leave, else I will kill myself, Aarohi expressed with her eyes. Please help.

Then I'll perform CPR, Akshara enacted, cutely, Don't worry

Aarohi grunted, joining her hands, Please, I cannot sit here anymore.

Akshara pouted, mouthing an aww, she shook her head at Aarohi's please and the latter sighed, settling back in her seat.

"Ye Aarohi aur Akshu bhabhi ka kya chal raha hai?" Neil whispered to Abhi, they were seated on the other side.

"Inn dono beheno ke beech, main nahi padta," Abhimanyu answered, being careful to not being caught talking too loudly. "And anyway, why are you so keen in knowing?"

"Just curiosity," Neil shrugged, and let out a sigh, "waise, this is boring, let's leave. I have heard that there is an open party for all the hotel guests in the club."

Manjari shushed her sons, and Abhimanyu shushed Neil, making Neil slump back in his chair. His eyes scanned the conference type room they were in, the wedding planners were going through the entire schema of the wedding and everything with it, from the haldi, sangeet, bachelors, the cocktail party, the only female party, the men's cigar time, the this shit the that shit and so many rituals, that Nishta was already dozing on Neil's shoulder.

Aarohi could not take it anymore, she was about to either kill herself or the wedding planners if this charade kept going on. What was all this over dramatic dulhe ki entry and this dulhan ka dance, like geez, just go to court and get married like normal people.

How was Akshara so calm about all this? If it was upto her, she would rather run away with the groom before having to complete so many rituals and so many functions.

But that was the best part about her, Aarohi smiled to herself, she did not want to get married, and hence there was no need of any charade to follow. She was thankful to herself, for being different than others and not that there was anything wrong in having a grand wedding, it was not something she wanted in life.

To get married and settle for one person for your entire life was... very scary for her.

To love someone so much and give your everything and expect nothing in return.

To be happy, for once, without worrying about anything else, just them and you.

Aarohi looked at Akshara and then at Abhimanyu, a smile on her face because these two were interacting with their eyes, not saying much but just stealing glances of each other.

The last she saw two people so much in love were her parents, Karthik and Naira, and she remembered the way they would dance in each other's arms, forgetting the rest of the world and just let love surround them.

Karthik and Naira Goenka, were madly in love, and although they had died when Aarohi was just eight years old, they were still very much alive in the hearts of their kids. That being said, Aarohi looked at Kairav, their elder brother, he was seated with Tara, his wife of three years, hand in hand and their proof of love visible by Tara's five month pregnant belly. She again looked at her sister Akshara, eyes locked with Abhimanyu, and madly in love, and happy.

Her siblings were happy.

That made her smile.

And then her eyes met a funny pair of eyes looking right at her.