40. broken in love

Dedicated to Meheramaaa for making such an amazing edit inspired by this story. Thanks BB. It's on insta, so cannot post the link here.

Vm attached made by -moreysaiyaan-  Shruti ✨

40. Broken in  love

Neil never felt so degraded and disgusted ever in his life. His family always treated him with love and care, with respect and integrity and with so much of genuineness. His work was tough, tricky and at times, frustrating, but he often got the results and rewards to payback for his hardwork, for his time and his colleagues and associates paid their respects to him, by working harder.

He had never really known how it felt to be thrown away like trash, like filth, called names and being insulted. He never knew how little the heart felt when someone, someone you love, trust and care so much about, points at you and accuses you of things you cannot explain.

Neil felt very little that evening, very insulted, degraded and much like trash.

Because Aarohi Goenka had taken on her to break his heart, with it, his esteem and his genuine love for her.

That evening started funny, he was sure about that, because it was when his brother had barged in his room while he was working on his laptop. On asking why Abhimanyu was so restless, his brother pouted and replied how much he missed Akshara and could not wait for the day after tomorrow to see her.

Neil had laughed, the rituals stated that post haldi, none of the bridal couple could see each other and since the wedding was a day after the haldi, there were two days for Abhimanyu to wait, one of which was nearing to the end.

"She cannot be at peace without a single text from me. How is that we're supposed to stay away whilst being so close to each other."

"Is she not at peace or you, bhai?"

A slap on his back, that was what Neil got in reply to his sassy comment and Abhimanyu sat back with a sigh. "Help me, Neil, let's go meet Akshara in secret."

"Bro, ye hotel hai, aur itne relatives aur guests aa chuke hai, I cannot even tell you how many times I had to stop and greet people I don't even know while coming back to my room." Neil's scoff added no relief to Abhimanyu's sighs, "there's nothing secretive here. Go to sleep, kal ka ek hi dinn hai. Manage ho jayega."

"No, I will meet Akshara tomorrow. Somehow. I don't care." Abhimanyu was determined, and Neil tired, "aur tu bohot boring hai, Neil. Honestly, kaisa Bhai hai tu?"

"Abh Jo hu, aapka hi hu."

Neil's laughter on Abhimanyu's sour face ended their conversation while the latter retreated back to his room to rest after the eventful haldi day, while Neil glanced at the time. Since the guests and relatives were piling up, the Goenkas and Birlas had created different eating timings to not overcrowd their banquet hall.

This was the time for the Goenkas to eat, the Birlas were long done. Neil was pretty sure his doctor family was asleep already. They were very particular with their timings, unlike him and the Goenkas.

A walk didn't sound bad, Neil got off, stretching his arms.

That, and he could atleast steal a glance of Aarohi, somehow.

A bad idea, Neil now regrets stepping down because what happened next went uglier than it should have.

It was fun, the start, where he and Akshara took a dig at Aarohi, plainly Akshara's idea, was so satisfying. To see Aarohi all riled up and fuming in both jealously and anger was a treat to watch. He adored how her angry nose would flare up and down and her clenched jaw, perfectly lining with her cute cheekbones. When Aarohi stomped out in a kiddish manner, Akshara and Neil shared a cute laugh.