6. Selfish ho tum

6. Selfish ho tum

"Toh aaj ka kya programme hai?" Neil asked rubbing his palms as Nishta sat on the bed where Aarohi lay, her face hidden underneath the pillow and she had no excitement as opposed to Neil. "Nishta? Sight seeing kare? Mumbai darshan bhi ho jayenge."

"Bhai, sight-seeing toh mujhe bhi karna hai," Nishta sighed, shrugging as she pointed to Aarohi, "but Aaru dii ko aaj theek nahi lag raha. So we cannot go out."

"Kyon?"

"Bhul gaye kya, Akshu bhabhi aur Abhi bhai ne kaha ha,"

Neil groaned, as he looked at Aarohi who was in the same clothes, and she had crashed on the bed more than being sleepy, passed out was the right word here. "Ye stupid idea kiska tha!" Neil sighed, sitting on the bed, besides Nishta and careful to not sit on Aarohi's legs.

"Aapka," Nishta said, at the same time when Aarohi said, "tumhara,"

Neil bit his tongue, as he leaned back, the room was of Aarohi's and was shared by Akshara, considering the twin beds and the size of the room. It did look like the two sisters were really close to each other and if Neil cherished anything in this world, it was the bond of a sibling. His parents were not that close to him as his brother was, and rightfully so, Neil owed his life to his brother who never gave up on him.

"toh aaj ke din, bas yuhi baithe rahenge?" Nishta pouted, as she slumped her shoulders, "do you know? Parth bhaiya and gang aaj paas wale beach jaa rahe hai... aur Mumma ka gang, spa main, aur yaha hum..."

Neil could not see his sister this way and he got up, determined, "Nishta, tu fikar mat kar, we will also go. Hum Gateway of India dekhne jayenge, kya bolti tu?"

"Par bhai," Nishta's smile faded quickly than it appeared, "what about the rule? We cannot go out without the entire team."

Neil looked at Aarohi who was now looking at him, shaking her head, "do not even think about it," She said aloud, her voice muffled due to the pillow, "my head is aching."

"Toh painkiller kha lo, paani ghatak lo, red bull pii lo, I do not care." Neil said, taking the pillow off her face and meeting her eyes. "We do not have a lot of days and unlike you, we love sight-seeing."

"I love sight-seeing too," Aarohi said, taking the pillow back from his hands.

"You like sight-seeing men," Neil replied and Aarohi shrugged.

"Well, don't blame me if I have good taste in men,"

"if you would have a good taste in men, then you'd be dating me."

"That is exactly opposite of having a good taste," Aarohi scoffed, they were both now locking their gaze as usual, Neil was bending over and Aarohi had sat up. "Tumhe date karna pade, toh samajh lo mere antim din aagaye hai."

"antim din nahi acche din," Neil took the pillow back from her hands, "but tum toh khud hi ek chipkali ho, tumhe toh reptiles hi pasand honge."

"Tum khud ko samajte kya ho? Khud toh ye kaala chasma laagake ghumte ho, chamgadar jaise ulti soch hai tumhari," Aarohi ranted, "ye vaahiyat idea dekar hum sab ka vacation barbaad kar chuke ho aur baatein toh aise karte ho ki..."

"yaar, nahi jaana hai toh nahi jaatey," Nishta stopped their fights, hands folded as she pleaded, "but please, do not start this early in the morning, I really wanted a peaceful vacation and not this."

Both Neil and Aarohi separated from their close proxmity and while Nishta went back to her room, Aarohi went back to sleep.

"Selfish ho tum," Neil said when his little sister left the room, sad that she wanted to go out but because of Aarohi they were stuck in this hotel. "Tumhe sirf apne aap ki padi hai, baaki sab jaaye bhaad mein."

Aarohi gulped, as she fisted her hands, clutching the sheet in response while Neil realised how rude and blunt he was. She shut her eyes and pulled the sheets over her, "jaatey waqt darwaza bandh karke jaana."

Neil shook his head and shut the door, he could not figure this girl at all, and was sure to not even try.

_

Neil was sulking in Abhimanyu's room, he was done playing board games with Nishta and all he really wanted was some fresh air, some fun but all thanks to the selfish girl who preferred sleeping than taking efforts for someone else.

"Kya Neil," Abhimanyu laughed, clinking the beer bottle with him, "I cannot believe you spend the entire day playing board games with Nishta, yaar, shaadi hai meri, thode mazze karta."

"All thanks to you and your school trip wale rules," Neil scoffed rolling his eyes, "and your saali, she is so irritating, and mere liye nahi, par atleast Nishta ke liye toh haa karti par nahi."

"Itni bhi buri nahi hai Aarohi," Abhimanyu shrugged, ignoring Neil's glares, "bas thodi different hai. Akshara se alag hai."

"Bhabhi toh sona hai, sona," Neil complimented Akshara's sweet, selfless nature, "but Aarohi, ek number ki..."

"Kya?"

"Chipkali," Neil softened his voice at Abhi's raised voice.

"Tum mujhe apne iss kindergarten fights se dhur rakho,"

Before Neil could counter that, they heard a rapid knocking over their door and found a very worried and anxious Akshara. "Woh... woh..." Akshara took deep breaths as Abhimanyu held her, "woh Aaru..."

"Aaru?" Akshara had dropped in her room after a long day with Abhi, they were mostly relaxing in the resort and having a peaceful much needed time for themselves, however Aarohi was still in bed at six in the evening, in the same clothes and that worried Akshara. "Aarohi? You okay right? Why are you still in bed?"

When Akshara touched Aarohi's forehead, her heartbeats dropped when she felt it feverish and Aarohi's slow grunts were her body-ache symptoms and the girl was shivering when Akshara touched her. On seeing her sister this way, Akshara felt her breathing rise in panic and she quickly switched the AC off and wrapped Aarohi in the blanket and fumbled over her mobile as she called the first person who always helped her in her anxieties.

When Aarohi's cell rang in the stand, Akshara slapped her forehead, realising that Aarohi cannot help her here because she was the one who needed help. Panicking, she stepped out of her room and rushed towards Abhimanyu's room, and knocked the room rapidly.

"Abhi, Aaru ko bukaar hai, please kuch karo..." Akshara said, crying and tensed and Abhimanyu nodded, holding her and getting his kit while Neil rushed towards the girls' room and he stood frozen seeing Aarohi extremely sick, and shivering.

And while Aarohi fell unconscious with fever, Neil felt guilty and stupid about himself, and all he wanted was for the girl to be okay.

_