12. Akshu ka devar

Last update for today, I promise 😂 I'm uninstalling Wattpad. I just can't stop thinking about this story.

SOS.

12. Akshu ka devar

The bridal couple had finally selected their respective rings, and the men had met the ladies in their section, Nishta and Akshara were selecting another set of jewelry and Aarohi was on her cell, bored out of her mind with the clan. 

"Chipkali," Neil startled the girl who was seated behind on the comfortable couch, "hath dikhao." He asked and Aarohi averted her gaze from her cell to the weirdo who sat next to her.

"Kyon? Tumne side-business bhi shuru kiya, mehendi lagane ka" She chuckled at his frowning face, nevertheless showing her palm to him, "Mehendi ko toh abhi time hai," 

"Very funny," He held her palm and turned it, "I wanted to see whether your wound is fine now." He examined her bruise, his fingers outlining the band-aid, and he kept flinching more than Aarohi reacted. In fact she did not react at all, because more than the bruise, it was Neil's reaction that was surprising to her.

No one ever looked after this way especially at a tiny bruise as this. The last someone pampered her for a little bruise was her father, who was very very possessive about her and treated her like  a princess. She remembered that incident where Akshara and Kairav were teaching her how to ride a cycle and she had fell, both knees scraped and before she could even cry out loud, their father had arrived on the scene. He picked her up, screamed at the other kids for being careless and even ignored Naira who was being nonchalant about it because it was just a wound. 

"Just a wound?" Karthik had almost yelled at Naira, tears in his eyes at his little daughter all hurt and bruised, "Can't you see, how much it must be paining for her? Aww, my princess," He said, taking her in his arms, wiping her tears, "Papa sab theek kardenge, okay? And don't you worry, jab tak tumhare Papa hai, Princess Aaru does not have to worry about anything."

"Aarohi?" Neil snapped in front of her, getting her out of her trance, "Chipkali? That so Raven wale powers hai kya, so aise beech mein kho jaati ho?" He chuckled, hand still holding hers. "Waise the bruise looks okay, just apply the ointment..."

Aarohi snapped her hand out from his hold, and stood up rather abruptly. This was wrong, she felt her heartbeats rise instantly, this was stupid. She never had such a connection before, and it was scaring her how her sub-conscious mind even found the incident she craved for. She shook her head, this was now getting out of hand, this was all messed up.

"You okay?" Neil followed suit, standing up and she looked at him, "Maine kuch galat kaha," He inched closer but she withdrew her hand, taking a step back. 

"No," Her words did not comfort his doubts, "I just need some... I do not like people entering my personal space."

"I am sorry, that was not my intention."

"I know," She gulped, averting her gaze from his eyes to the floor because his soft eyes were softening her attitude too. "It's cool."

Neil took a step back, nodding and a little hurt but he did not want impose his friendship on her and she clearly did not look fine. Maybe he overstepped his boundaries, but every time he saw blood or bruises he freaked out just this way, so sighing he stepped back. 

"Aarohi, wear this one," Akshara ended their awkward silence by jumping right besides her, "this looks so pretty and simple, very subtle, just the way you like it." Aarohi saw the sweet rose gold pendant, it was shaped like a frozen snowflake, just like their favourite movie and the diamond work in it was nearly subtle and yet looked beautiful. "Pehen le, ek baar, please." 

"Akshu, I already have tons of jewelry." She denied, but Akshara clicked her tongue, tsking, "Akshara."

"Aarohi, wear it na please. Humare engagement par kitni pyaar lagegi teri dress pe." 

"Fine," 

While Aarohi was handed the pendant with the gold chain, Abhimanyu called Akshara to try a pretty necklace, "Neil," Akshara asked the stranded guy, "Yaha aake Aaru ko chain pehna do please," She instructed rather than requesting and before Neil could even reply, she was gone to the side where Abhimanyu and Nishta were ready with their set of necklaces. 

Aarohi and Neil looked at each other, visible tension between them which they both noted.

"It's okay," Aarohi said, untying the chain, "I'll wear it on my own." 

Neil stood watching the girl for the next two minutes, struggling to get it done amidst her long hair and her top and he took a step closer and held the hook of the chain from behind her. Once his fingers held hers, Aarohi froze, their eyes meeting through the huge mirror in front of them and his single nod was enough for her to let him help her. She gulped, letting down her hands as Neil took hold of the chain and she kept her eyes on him. 

"woh..." He hesitated when he had to touch her hair, "woh..."

Aarohi frowned, and shrugged, not understanding what Neil wanted to explain and the latter sighed, taking hold of her hair and putting it on one side. Aarohi felt the brushing of his fingers created intense jitters in her stomach as he tried locking the chain. His fingers were cold, and every time he touched her, those cold fingers would send her in a daze, she gulped as his touch on the back of her neck kept increasing her heartbeats. She had to shut her eyes, she had to try and get a hold of her overbearing emotions because this was not what she wanted from this vacation.

All she kept thinking was how his touch was affecting her, his cold fingers rather making her want to decrease this distance between them, wanting to let him touch her more and hold her. 

Aarohi, what the fuck is wrong with you! Akshu ka devar hai woh, and forget strings, yaha sab kuch attached hai. Step out, Aaru, Step out.

"Pretty hai," Neil said, his head next to hers and Aarohi opened her eyes, meeting his bright eyes through the mirror again. 

"Thank you, Akshu ki choice acchi hai." 

"Pendant ki baat nahi kar raha tha," He said and Aarohi felt her stomach doing a backflip because his cold hands were now holding her arms, as held each other's gaze. "You look pretty," He whispered, his breath hitting her ear and Aarohi held her breath.

Oh how the turn tables.

_

A/N

Sorry for bombarding you with updates. Just happy to get a Neirohi scene today and I couldn't contain it so here we go.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment on these two.

I'm going to try a different take with these two and hence the scenes are faster than Kyon. Trying a hand at casual romance... Let's see...