17. dairy milk

17. dairy milk

Neil Birla, never thought that he would be the one to be affected by a girl so much that even though he had decided to stay away, his heart and his mind were all chanting her name. The last time he was head over heels for someone was his ex-girlfriend from years back, but then she fell for someone else and they broke up and after that, Neil invested all his time in his career. He hated being involved with something as volatile as love, because unlike his business, love had no guarantee of being successful no matter how hard you work for it. Atleast, in his business scenario, he can quit if it becomes unprofitable, here quitting meant breaking hearts and it was ages since he ever noticed a girl, forget getting involved in them.

But, he was getting too close to Aarohi, and he blames it on her eyes, if she had not hidden her emotions in them and he would not have been intrigued by those sharp eyes, this would not have happened. 

Normally, on the occasion of family functions, Neil is often seen on the dance floor, joking around with his cousins, binge eating all the tasty snacks with his little sister and making fun of all the guests with his brother, also running here and there to make sure that everything was well and in synch but even though this was his brother Abhimanyu's pre-wedding ceremony, the ceremony that initiates their wedding, Neil could not help but stand in a corner and brood.

His eyes were stationed at Aarohi, the girl who was clad in a pretty lehenga, the pinkish blue lehenga did suit her well, and her hair were pinned neatly, make-up subtle too and yet she was visibly sad. She stood besides Kairav, shoulders dropped and eyes fixated on the bridal couple, the Tilak was to start in a few minutes  and the elders were in a deep conversation. He then looked at Akshara and Abhimanyu, they were in the centre of the little room, but Akshara looked sadder than Aarohi, eyes lowered, no smile on her beautiful face and no matter how pretty she looked, her eyes had no light. Abhimanyu was also reflecting the same sadness Akshara had, and Neil assumed that this was because of Aarohi and Akshara's midnight fight.  

It was weird how none of the elders noticed the tension between them four, Neil looked at his family members, all hyped for the functions but were they really blind towards the bland faces of the bridal couple or of Aarohi and Kairav or his? 

"Humara Tilak toh hu chuka hai," Akshara said in a audible whisper to Swarna, her badi Mumma, "toh ye sab phirse?" 

"Akshu, haan, Tilak ho chuka hai but many were not there, beta. Dr. Mahima and Dr. Anand were out, Neil was not present and neither was Kairav and Tara, aur Akhilesh bhi toh nahi the, toh humne socha ki abh jab shaadi ke liye hum sab ek hue hai toh phirse kar dete hai." 

Akshara sighed, nodding with a fake smile and Abhimanyu shook his head, sighing. 

"Let's start then?" Mahima Birla said, smiling at the couple, "and officially aaj hum do family ek honge."

"Suna Manish," Suhasini, aka Mimi Goenka, said eyeing at her elder son, "both families are now to be one, so no more silly fights."

They proceeded with the Tilak ceremony, and Aarohi stood back, looking at her not so happy sister and she felt a pang in her heart, knowing this was all because of her. While the elders proceeded with their rituals, Aarohi sighed, she noticed how Abhimanyu was also pretending to be happy, worried about Akshara and then she looked at Neil, who was also not talking to her.

Somehow, she was always at the losing end.

Is there any way that she can be heard? Clearly, no one wanted to listen to her and she did not want to share either. 

But, she knew she had been rude to Neil who had done nothing but help her and she was to be blamed, she was always the one to be blamed. 

"Aaru, aaja, come greet the bridal couple!" Mimi smiled at the girl and she turned towards Kairav who nodded in support.