34. ishq ka rang

A/N intense scenes, not mature at all.

34. Ishq ka rang

"You look so pretty,"

"Pretty tired, if that is what you mean." 

Aarohi chuckled when Abhimanyu tried complimenting Akshara but the latter just shut him off. She did not blame her of course, Akshara was seated for her mehendi and the girls who were making her intricate design were actually doing so since the last one hour and looking at the mehendi deisgn, they were doing a good job. However, Akshara was getting all the more frustrated by being seated since so long and then to sit another hour for the mehendi to be done on her feet too.

"Pretty for me," Abhimanyu pulled her nose as he knelt in front of her, "you hungry?" 

Akshara shook her head, "thirsty?"

"Abhi laaya ma'am," He got up on his feet at once to get her something to drink while Aarohi sighed, shaking her head at the lovebirds.

She glanced around the room, there was hustle-bustle everywhere, the wedding Bollywood songs playing in the background and all the ladies with their hands filled with the henna paste. Aarohi didn't hate the idea of having henna on her hands, but she was not a fan either, plus the smell was something she could live without. Hence, all Aarohi did was stay away from anyone who offered to apply the paste on her hands and busied herself with any other work required. 

"Aaru, please," Akshara requested her sister who shook her head, "Aarohi, meri shaadi hai, please."

"Akshu, please, I do not like this. Plus ye color jaata nahi hai mahino tak." Aarohi cribbed, shaking her head at the bride to be, "and shaadi teri hai, main kyu lagau!"

"Aarohi," Swarna who was also seated with the ladies around them urged but Aarohi was adamant to not apply anything of this sort. "Rehne de Akshu, tujhe pata hai na kitni ziddi hai ye."

"let it be," Abhimanyu offered to take a stand for Aarohi, "she does not like it," He said, as he forwarded the glass towards Akshara, so she could drink but she glared at him. 

"Haan waise bhi kabhi dekha hai chipkali ko mehendi lagate hue?" Neil commented coming out of nowhere and Akshara chuckled, while Aarohi rolled her eyes. "Bhabhi, aap lagao, main sochta hu main bhi laga hi deta hu, aur bhai ko bhi? what say?"

Abhimanyu's expression changed from a smile to being horrified, "what?"

"Idea bura nahi hai," Akshara nodded with a smirk, "har cheez ladkiya kyu kare?"

"Very true bhabhi," Neil raised his eye-brows at Abhimanyu and everyone gathered around laughed, encouraging Abhi to apply a little on his palm for the ritual and Abhimanyu being the sweetheart he was, agreed and sat besides Akshara as the girls applied a little henna on his palm too.

Aarohi stood watching the adorable duo, not noticing Neil who sneaked right besides her, "Hi Aarohi," He whispered, leaning towards her while still being subtle enough to not get caught, "hope you are ready to kiss me." 

"I hope you are ready to lose," She whispered, a cheeky smile as she looked at Akshara, "because aaj toh tumhe kuch nahi milne waala hai."

"We'll see chipkali," She turned and their eyes met, still holding the same intensity and attraction for the other, "chipku hu main, ek baar thaan li toh bas..." He looked down at her lips, and Aarohi felt the urge to diminish the distance but stepped back.

This was not the place nor the time.

"Neil, tum bas badi baatein kar sakte ho."

"Haan, but atleast main tumhari tarah sadu nahi hu."