36. dhoonde akhiyaan

Naino se naina takraaye
Na jaane kya dhoonde akhiyaan

Kaise tumhe ye samjhaaye
Na jaane kya doondhe akhiyaan

36. dhoonde akhiyaan

"What is your excuse now to get changed?" Akshara questioned Aarohi, really mad at her sister now because she wanted to click atleast one picture with her with their henna design. "I know you do not like all this, but atleast for me, Aarohi." Akshara was mad and Aarohi looked at Neil, but he raised his hands in surrdender, while Akshara was fuming alongside Abhimanyu. 

"Main woh..."

"You know what, forget it." Akshara shook her head, they were out in the banquet hall and the guests and their families were eating. "Tu toh wahi karegi jo tujhe pasand hai..."

"Arrey Akshu," Aarohi sighed, standing in front of the angry Akshara when she was about to leave, "that henna... woh mere dress pe lag gayi aur design pura smudge ho gaya aur phir mujhe change karna padha." She tilted her head, trying her best to pacify her sister who was mad for real this time. "Sorry," She held her ears, pouting and Akshara melted.

"Fine," 

They all sighed at Akshara's cute fine, "but as punishment you will have to feed me dinner," She asked, since her hands were still mehendi covered and smelled more lemonish, "okay?" 

"Yes teacher," Aarohi interlinked her arms with her sister and they headed towards the cousins table to eat the dinner as Neil kept staring at Aarohi, the pretty girl who had taken his heart and was refusing to give it back.

"Oye?" Abhimanyu snapped in front of Neil, "tere kapdo pe bhi mehendi lag gayi thi kya jo tune change kiya?" 

Neil had changed into another set of simple clothes after they had left their room, roaming around in Aarohi's clothes was not an option available to him, yet. 

"Aur ye tu bandar ki tarah kyu muskara raha hai?" Abhimanyu asked holding his reddish pink cheeks, "and what is this? Tune kabse make-up lagana shuru kiya? Neil?"

Neil clicked his tongue, smiling at his brother, "bhai, aap kya ye sab sochte ho, mere chodo, aapki mehendi pe nimbu ka rass lagani hogi." Neil changed the topic swiftly, holding his henna filled hands, "wow, kya design hai aur kya rang chadega, aajao." And Abhimanyu followed Neil, in the pretext of applying anything to get his henna a darker shade when he removes it while Neil sighed in relief. He turned towards Aarohi who was feeding Akshara, and at the same time, she glanced at him, both of them smiling and happy.

Things were getting easier, happier and better for the woman who poured her heart out to the man who embraced it all like it was the only good thing left. The rest of the night fared well, the youngsters were on the terrace of the Hotel, which they had booked for a little get-together. Akshara was seated with Abhimanyu, both of them admiring the other's henna design which was faint now, but would go shades darker by the wedding while Kairav sat stead as Tara slept on his shoulder. Parth and Shefali with Nishta were laying around on the mat and admiring the stars, Vansh was on his headset, munching on fries and watching the match highlights and that left Aarohi and Neil.

Neil was admiring his girl, who was seated on the edge of the railing, with earphones and her playlist accompanying her while watching the city lights in admiration. She was seated far off, and seemed to enjoy her own company and Neil tilted his head, who knew that he would fall in love with the girl he never wanted to be around. 

He was seated on the mat, knees closer to his chest, hands on the floor and he was breathing in the cool air of the silent night. Watching his brother and Akshara cutely have a soft conversation, the other couples also being cheesy and in love, he could not help but think about Aarohi, the girl he always considered arrogant and rude. She always acted like she was doing them a favour by being with them, always in her own personal space and never speaking more than warranted. Neil smiled, a soft sigh and a blush as he thought about their moments together in this two weeks, their intimate moments, their bickering and their date.