38. mere cute minion

Neil dusted the powder of his kurta, thankful that his Tai-ji was playful with Aarohi, he would not have wanted the girl to be scolded from another set of elders. If he could, he would have exchanged his family for hers only so she would always laugh and smile and be the happy Aarohi she deserved to be.

She deserved the world.

He looked over to the pretty girl, she was cladded in a simple yellow kurti and her cheeks were still covered with the paste he had applied. While Akshara was taken back to get cleaned, his mom and aunt with them, the younger clan waited outside, Nishta and Parth eating the snacks while chatting with the Birla' cousins.

Aarohi was on a call, which was presumably from the Hospital back in Udaipur, and he waited for her to return. However, the moment she kept the call, Neil watched a man walked towards her forwarding the tissue to her and she smiled at him, wiping her cheeks. They then indulged in a conversation which seemed fun, because she was constantly smiling and looked happy, and the guy who was speaking to her seemed more interested by the way he had his eyes on her.

He was never the jealous type, but since they were not official, he knew that she was free to be with whoever she wanted and he was too, but now when she was, all he was feel was jealously. That smile was his, not some random guy's same repeated cliché jokes. If that was not enough, Neil's face fell when he saw the man take the tissue from her hand and help wipe the haldi paste remaining on her cheek.

Neil fisted his hands, but this was unacceptable to him. The way he wanted to barge in their conversation and take the girl away was scaring him, because he was not such a man to be so insecure, and neither was Aarohi his girl. So he did what he could do, retreat his steps from them and walk back towards the room to get rid of the clothes and the turmeric smell. He sighed, fumbling with the key-card to his room when he heard Aarohi call him from the hallway.

Frustrated, he turned as she walked closer, "hume saath mein pictures lene the, gayab kaha ho gaye?"

"Tum busy lag rahi thi, aur mujhe change bhi karna tha toh."

To that she tilted her head, with a sad pout, "aww, I wanted some pictures with you being a yellow ghost and my haldi coloured face but never mind, photographer ne lii hogi."

"Funny," Neil scoffed, meeting her eyes and confusing hers, "I thought you wanted to get rid of it, so much that you let others do it for you."

Aarohi understood nothing, she shook her head, "what?"

"Nothing," Neil crossed a line with his temper, he did not want to cross another and entered his room only for Aarohi to follow him inside and shut the door behind them. "Aarohi,"

"No, it is defintely something by the way you are reacting." She demanded, hands folded, "mind reading nahi karti main so please, communicate."

"Maine kaha na, kuch nahi tha..." She stepped in front of him when he was about to head to the washroom, "Aarohi, how is that you are always so stubborn."

"Khoon main hai, uska kuch nahi ho sakta." She shrugged, hands on her hip and eyes meeting his disinterested ones, "I know you are mad at me, was it because Dr. Mahima put the entire powder on you?" Neil rolled his eyes, shaking his head, "or was it because I was mad when you put the paste on me?" Neil sighed, he had no choice but to listen to the ziddi girl who blocked his path. "or was it because I was attending a call the whole time?"

Enough was enough.

Neil tried moving away only for Aarohi to stand in front of him again, and when he turned, there she was, leaning against the wall now. "I am not leaving until you tell me what the fuck is wrong!"

And that was it for his patience as he took the steps needed to pin Aarohi completely to the wall, while Neil placed his arms on the either side of the startled girl.

"I am being irrational," He explained himself, while Aarohi met his eyes, she never saw such a strong emotion in them before. While he inched closer, twithing in anger and too close for both their hearbeats to pace rapidly, "but no random guy can make you smile, that is my job." Aarohi gulped, letting him speak up, "and woh kaise tumhe dekh raha tha, plus the fact that he got to wipe off the paste from your cheeks." Neil gritted his teeth, "all I wanted to do was punch!"

"Me?" She asked softly and Neil groaned.

"Not you, you idiot." He replied, letting his arms down, "that idiot, whoever he was."

And after a two second serious stare, Aarohi burst out laughing at the still frustrated Neil, and she laughed till he was ready to leave only for her hold his arm and pull him towards her. "Oh my goodness, Chamgadar, tum gusse mein cute lagte ho, pata hai na, upar se pure yellow hogaye ho tum? Koi tumhe seriously kaise le sakta hai, mere cute minion!" She laughed again and Neil glared at her. "Seriously, you are mad because some random guy wiped the haldii off my cheeks or mad because you didn't get to do so? Because I am completely lost in this matter."

"Stop laughing, I swear,"

"Accha, aww," She pinched his nose, "warna kya kar loge, Mr. Minion,"

"This!" He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her towards him in such force that she was literally sticking to his turmeric-covered body, and Neil shook his head vigoursly, letting all the haldi powder fall over her and cover her too and no matter how much she shut her eyes and tried leaving, Neil's hold was strong on her.

"Neil stop it," She groaned, the strong smell almost making her sneeze while Neil chuckled, "you are such a sadist, argh."

He left her finally, and she stomped her foot, trying to dust off the powder but Neil's smile infuriated her even more. "Everything is fair in love, war and haldi, Aarohi Goenka." She scrunched her face in anger, ready to leave but it was now Neil's turn to have some fun and he held her wrist, pinning her to the wall again and this time, he was speedy to lean closer.

Like always, Aarohi gulped, her loud voice often betrayed her whenever Neil would be this close to her, "Neil..." She said, hesitantly, "what are you doing," He smiled in response as he leaned more, Aarohi almost shut her eyes when he their noses touched but he went past her lips and let his cheek touch hers, applying the haldi off his cheek to hers. He did it again to the other one and when he was done, Aarohi met his playful gaze, all this while he was teasing her and she was getting teased.

"I hate you," She replied shaking her head and he chuckled, "you are an idiot."

"But you want to kiss me, don't you?" He winked, and she smiled, nevertheless leaning in as they kissed.

Soft kisses, intense feelings and loads of yellow haldi.

Who knew that the color of love was actually yellow turmeric?

_

A/N

Something cute for my cuties. Got inspiration after Karishma liked my KN trailer which I'm assuming she watched.

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share.