7. nazar hati, durghatna ghati

"No worries, Dr. Aarohi, you will be fine in a couple of hours."

Abhimanyu offered a comforting smile to Aarohi who nodded and Akshara held her hand when Abhimanyu injected the needle in her arm and more than Aarohi, it was Akshara and her family who flinched. Looking at Akshara, Aarohi chuckled, "ho gaya," She told her sister who had shut her eyes, in pure reflex and imagination of the pain Aarohi must have gone through.

"Bohot dard hua hoga na?" Abhimanyu teased his to-be wife, and shared another chuckle with Aarohi making Akshara to glare at the duo.

"Not funny," Akshara shook her head, now looking at Aarohi. "Pata hai, kitni darr gayi thi main? Why did you go clubbing yesterday you idiot." She blurted aloud, without realising that she just said the truth in front of everyone.

"Tum clubbing gayi thi?" Manish Goenka, urf Bade Papa said, now stepping forward and looked at both the sisters. "Aarohi?" He was upset on the revelation and then he turned towards Akshara, "aur tumne, phirse jhoot kaha, hai na Akshara?"

Neil did not know what the big deal was honestly, both the girls were mature enough to handle themselves, especially Aarohi but the entire atmosphere in the room now became still and cold. "Sorry, Bade Papa," Akshara uttered and Aarohi lowered her head. "Woh..."

"It is okay," Swarna, their Badi Mumma added, "bacche hai, aur phir abh nahi karenge toh kab, Manishji."

"Swarna, tum bhi jaanti ho ki mujhe ye sab bilkul na pasand hai." He said, silencing everyone, "especially from Aarohi, who always needs to go to such parties and get drunk. I am sure, that is the reason of this sickness right?"

Aarohi gulped, and held Akshara's hand, if she did not hold herself, she would cry and burst out in anger and she did not want to spoil the entire mood.

"I am sorry," Neil voiced as he stepped up, "main aise beech main bol raha hu, par Aarohi ke saath kal main tha, aur nahi bhi hota toh I am sure Aarohi can handle herself. She is old enough, sir, and mature too."

Aarohi looked at Neil, this was the first time someone defended her and as strange as it felt, it was nice to feel at the receiving end of this. Abhimanyu and Akshara shared an eye-lock, confusing and startled, just like the others while Neil approached Manish, not fearful at all.

"Aarohi kitna apne aap ko handle kar sakti hai, ye toh hum sab jaante hai." Manish said, glaring at Aarohi and then looked at Neil, "but thank you, iss baat ki tasali hai ki atleast she had some sense of being with someone rather than by herself."

"Woh bas ek baar hua tha, Bade Papa," Aarohi said, eyes lowered so she could hide her angry tears, "are you still going to hold that against me? It has been a year now."

There was a long silence which although lasted for mere seconds, but seemed like an eternity.

"Dinner reservations hai aaj ke liye," Manish declared, ignoring the soft pleas from his family members, "ready ho jaao, we do not want to keep the Birlas' waiting."

"But Bade Papa, Aaru?" Akshara piped in, and Neil was confused more than ever.

"Aarohi agar aana chahti hai toh aa sakti hai," Manish said, averting his gaze from them, "but of course, boring family dinner is not what she likes anyways." With that he left and Swarna and Akhilesh followed him, trying to lessen his anger, while Aarohi sighed, leaning back.

Akshara looked at Abhimanyu and they nodded, "Neil," Abhimanyu said, wrapping the kit, and held his brother's arm, "chalte hai, Maa dhoond rahi hogi."

And with one look at Aarohi, Neil walked out of the room, there was some tension between Aarohi and the rest of the family and it was clearly evident in her disheartened face and teary eyes but not wanting to be nosey, Neil left the sisters to themselves and immersed his thoughts to anything but Aarohi.