24. lag jaa gale

A/N VM made by me. Because like always, it's cute. Koi taarif nahi karta toh khud ki kar leti hu.

Also, it would be better if you would read this after tomorrow's episode lol. Not sure what they're doing with my baby Aaru 🤧

24. lag jaa gale

"And now the two love-birds are going to exchange the rings,"

Abhimanyu smiled, a full blow cheeky smile, etched from one ear to the other as he met the eyes of his beloved, who was also smiling, more blushing because she was not used to the attention of so many at once. He cleared his throat as he took the ring from Neil, and held the mike, "Bachpan mein maine sirf maut ko acche se jaana tha," Abhimanyu gulped and kept his eyes locked with Akshara, "kabhi socha nahi tha, ki mujhe ek din meri zindagi bhi mil jayegi. Thank you for being my happy wholesome life, Akshara," Abhimanyu held his breath, "never knew that this day would come and now that it is here, I do not know what to do but sigh in happiness because my life is just not the same anymore, it is more adventurous, more anxious," Akshara and their family members chuckled, Aarohi smiled, mesmerized by the duo, "and more beautiful."

While Abhimanyu placed the ring in Akshara's finger, everyone clapped, the poppers bursting and Neil clapped the loudest, happy to see his brother living his life to the fullest. He glanced at Aarohi, who was towards Akshara's side of the stage, holding the ring which the latter now took from her. Aarohi was averting her eyes from him, and he knew that, she had not once met his gaze or smiled or even glanced at him since the ceremony started.

"I am sorry," Akshara started by an anxious sigh, "I am not used to attention or spotlights, but I was also never used to sefless love, genuine concern and breathing in peace," She said, teary eyed as she looked at Abhimanyu, "but these three years have been nothing but a gift, Abhi, and I know, we have a lot to learn, a lot to look forward to, fights and arguments, jealousy and anger, and more importantly, forgiveness and acceptance, but the most I look forward to is you and your hand in mine, for the rest of our lives."

Abhimanyu could not help but shed a faint tear at her words and Aarohi sighed in awe, as Akshara placed the ring in Abhi's finger and the when the duo hugged, everyone clapped, this time more poppers and smiles were garnered and Abhimanyu and Akshara headed towards the dance floor.

"Aarohi?" Neil stopped the girl before she could leave his presence again, "you okay now?"

She just nodded, not looking at him once and Neil was getting a little irked by her reactions, and fortunately for her, she was called by Swarna and Aarohi rushed away from Neil, like he was carrying contagious diseases or something.

"I know ki tum dono ko dance karna hai," Vansh who was hosting the ceremony with Parth, smiled at the crowd and the couple, "but before you dance in each other's arms, you will have to do a little something for us." Aarohi smiled, as the cousins made the couple play the little game the crew had planned for them.

She was standing in the corner, Swarna wanted her to greet the guests at the entrance while she would get some caterers work done.

Why get wedding planners agar sab kuch khud hi karna hai, Aarohi rolled her eyes, nevertheless greeted the guests with her hands folded. Thankfully, not a lot were invited to the engagement as opposed to the wedding. She smiled at the teachers' clan, they were Akshara's friends from the school she was teaching in, welcoming them and in all this, she did not notice Neil now standing right besides her.

"Hey, avoid karna hai toh bol do."

Aarohi held her chest, startled at his sudden sneaky conversation, "you scared me," She sighed, shaking her head but nevertheless, taking a step to the side. "and I am not avoiding you,"