5. bewda nahi, bewdi

5. bewda nahi bewdi

"Hum kya karenge Abhi?" Akshara asked Abhimanyu over the breakfast table, were on one side sat the angry Harshwardhan and the other Birlas and on the opposite side sat the nonchalant Manish Goenka and the rest of the Goenkas. "These two won't see eye-to-eye at all," She said, rather anxious and Abhimanyu held her hand, trying to ease her.

"Hum kar bhi kya sakte hai, Akshara," Abhimanyu whispered, these two were seated together, on the end of the curved dining table, Neil besides Abhi and Aarohi besides Akshara. the former enjoying his eggs, the latter holding her head over the cold juice.

The four of them were seated close to each other, while Akshara and Abhimanyu were upset over the brawl that took place last evening, Neil and Aarohi were both still in the daze of the last night's events.

Coming to the first couple, the silly argument in the conference room expanded into an unnecessary fight and that lead to a chaotic event, so much that the manager had to interfere between the fight of the two elder men. While Abhimanyu was face-palming himself at how kiddish their elders were, Akshara was worried on what could be the state of the two families in the near future. The second pair was however in another world of theirs, where Aarohi had a pounding headache and cringed at herself when she remembered what she spoke to Neil and Neil, he was now a little on his toes, wondering what Aarohi was hiding behind that carefree façade.

He looked at the hungover girl, she was wearing a long loose t-shirt over denim shorts and her frizzy hair were all messy, as she sat with the cold drink over her forehead, sleepy and in pain at the same time.

Does she remember what she told him last night? And more importantly, what is she hiding?

"Neil?" Abhimanyu brought him out of his trance by nudging him by his arm, "I asked you something, why are you so lost?"

Neil gulped, averting his eyes from Aarohi who had now kept her head on Akshara's shoulder, to his elder brother, "haan, sorry, woh... pata nahi."

"Neil, what is wrong?" Abhimanyu was quick to catch Neil's diverting attention, this was not how his brother normally was. "Sab theek hai na?"

"Haan, all fine bro," Neil gave him a soft smile, and Abhimanyu let that go, "What are you going to do about the family brawl though?"

Abhimanyu sighed, shaking his head while Akshara knocked on Aarohi's head, "oye, tujhe kal kissne kaha tha itni peene ko?"

"Loudspeaker leke kyu baat kar rahi hai," Aarohi grunted as she sat up, her head in her hands, "can't you whisper like normal people?"

"I am whispering, idiot." Akshara hit her sister on her arm, "yaar, Aaru, be serious. I am getting anxious on the families silly feud and you went clubbing yesterday. Bade Papa puch rahe the tere baarein mein..."

Aarohi's sleep vanished and she sat up straight now, eyes widened, "aur tune kya kaha?"

"Kaha ki tu kuch kaam se bahar hai." Akshara shook her head and Aarohi gulped in her place, "don't make me lie, Aaru. You know I get so anxious every time I lie, and thank goodness for the argument that Bade Papa did not seem to enquire more about you."

"Sorry," Aarohi held her ears, and Akshara melted. "I owe you."

"You owe me a thousand things already."

The sisters chuckled and shared a side hug, making the two brothers smile at them. While Aarohi rested her head on Akshara's shoulder again, Neil thought about something to break the ice between the two families and he whispered the same to Abhimanyu and the latter smiled.

"Mil gaya plan!" Abhimanyu chirped the same to Akshara and the two of them escaped the breakfast table to discuss the same, leaving Aarohi and Neil to now face each other.