Bonus (a) some function

"Why are you guys not ready yet!" Neil barged in the room of his elder brother, and on entering all he saw was the entire room disheveled, the baby clothes on the floor, a strong smell of baby powder, milk and chocolates, and on the bed was Akshara, his bhabhi, not at all ready, in fact not at all presentable with her hair all messily tied up in a bun, hands full with baby bowls and little spoons as she was feeding the kiddos and Abhimanyu was on the floor, doing God knows what. "Ye sab kya hai?"

On Neil's loud voice, Abhir the little boy of three who was so much like his mother, started crying because he felt someone was yelling at him and Akshara shook her head, both frustrated and tired. When Abhir started crying silently, his twin, Kaira made a annoyed face and instead, grabbed her bowl from Akshara's hand and ate Abhir's share of food too making the poor boy cry even more.

"Kai!" Akshara yelled at the girl who had now fled from the bed, both bowls in her tiny hands as she ran away, "Kai! Abhi yaar, please apni beti ko dekho," Akshara screamed at her husband who was under the bed, searching for something. "AB, meri jaan, stop crying please. See," Akshara pulled out his little pink teddy bear which his Aaru massi had gifted him, "See, Aari is here with you! Okay baby?" Akshara then eyed Kaira who was in the corner, hogging quickly on the food without biting, "Kaira, stop eating so fast, baby your stomach! ABHIIII!" She yelled again and Abhimanyu got out from under the bed and scrimmed towards Kaira who could not run away from her father and he picked her in his arms, resulting in the bowls to fall and break, the contents spilling and splashing all over the room and the noise making Abhir to shut his ears and sneaking closer to his mother while Abhimanyu and Kaira both bit their tongues. "STOP IT." Akshara screamed, this time to shut them all at once, and Neil widened his eyes.

Where had he come? Since when was this room a battlefield? Was it too late for him to leave?

"Kaira, Abhi, both of you get this cleaned and get changed, now." She pointed at the duo who nodded softly, "and Abhir, wipe your tears, and ask dad for help to change." To that Abhir nodded, wiping his tears and walked towards his tall father who picked his son in his other arm. The twins melted quickly in their father's embrace and placed their head on either of his shoulder, and Abhimanyu now faced Neil.

"Oh, hi Neil, did not see you there."

Neil was dumfounded, completely forgotten why he was here and only nodded in response.

"Nahi woh..." Neil fumbled, terrified of Akshara a little, "aaj jaana hai na... woh abhi meri engagement..." To that Akshara was about to speak up but Neil continued, "But it is okay bhabhi, main akele..."

"Arrey," Akshara walked closer to Neil, now noticing how handsome he looked in his dazzling off-white sherwani and the silver on the ends just sparkling the radiance he carried. "Haaye, mere dewar-ji, aap toh kaafi handsome lag rahe ho." And she quickly warded the evil eye off in her traditional way of twirling her hands over his head, "aur hum sab jald ready ho jayenge, hai na Abhi?"

"Of course," Abhimanyu replied, smiling at his so eagerly ready brother, "but not as fast as our groom here who is ever ready. Shaadi ki jaldi dekho inhe, aaj engagement hai, aaj Aaru nahi aane waali hai ghar pe, okay." The kids laughed with their father but Neil frowned, pleading towards his sister-in-law, who was also smiling.

"Bhabhi..."

"Abhi! Abhira, chalo teeno ready ho jao." She reprimanded them to go inside and get ready, which they did because Abhi promised the kids chocolates while Akshara faced Neil with a soft gaze.

"Sach hai, aaj toh tum itne khush aur pyaare lag rahe ho Neil, kisi ki nazar na lage." She tilted her head, beaming in delight and Neil smiled back, sighing too.