◖33◗ The Living Devil's

When I kissed you, you tasted like war, and that was funny because I craved chaos. ~Makenzie Hipple
______ ...... ______

The gods envy us

The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.
~Homer, the Iliad
___________________

Same old wounds never truly heal and bleed again at the slightest word. Wounds as they open, bring pain that cannot be eased until time heals it. It takes so long to cure it, years in fact but one word, one single word can cause you to get shattered, and the wound to reopen.

We were born among this darkness, and so we know nothing of light, of hope. We were called the kings and queens by some and monsters by others.

The monsters of the night, they say.

They say the King of Dead, ruler of the Abyss, the living Hades. A ruthless ruler, a merciless king who is feared by everyone, was once a little boy just like everyone else. He wasn't born a monster, he was made into one, by this world, this hell, and his father. He was a human. He laughed when someone joked, he cried when he was hurt, he screamed when he was in pain, just like any other human but no one in this entire world looked at him like a human. They saw a monster, a beast who had no place in this world. Who did not deserve any bit of sympathy, kindness, and compassion.

A beast could never deserve such things, they say.

I thought it was just me who was an outcast but when I met this person who was treated just like me, actually worse, I had to change my mind.

Alessia was treated much more horribly than I could imagine, yet she had the talent to showcase no emotion on her face even when her heart crumbled. I have been fooled by them before but now, after knowing her, after my efforts to remove all these layers she had built herself, after finding the real her, I know what goes inside her mind, only because she gave me permission, otherwise, it would have been impossible for anyone to see past her. She was unbroken for the world, The Uncrowned Queen, The Queen of Dead, who doesn't fear anyone, who is fierce and merciless, and who is unbreakable is actually in fact just a normal girl who has been living in hell for her entire life. A girl who was broken and shattered, a girl who wasn't a monster, a girl just like everyone else,

A human.

When those three sons of bitches said all that rubbish about her in front of her face and everyone else present there, she again showed no emotion, no reaction but I knew her enough to know how hurt she felt. I could see through all those layers.

I balled my fist as anger surged through me. I was like a ticking bomb that would've burst any second if my eyes didn't collide with hers. Those mesmerizing brown eyes pleaded for me to stay calm and stick to the plan that, that brilliant brain created.

I did not like her plan, not at all. I refused multiple times but there was no other option. I had to risk it. I had to listen to her and follow accordingly even when my heart was against it, but my brain knew this was the only way.