◖26◗ The Brutal Brawl

Love isn't soft, like those poets say. Love has teeths which bite and the wounds never close. ~Stephan King

______ ...... ______

My abuse wasn't poetic

My abuse wasn't poetic. It was injustice and it wasn't necessary. I knew from the time I was born I was given a curse with no cure. I had to live in this world with wars, screams, abuse, assault, and misery.

Mother Earth left me to die and the gods watched idly by as I was killed in that palace. No one tried to help me. Not a single soul.

They made me a monster. The exact same monster that I feared. I killed numerous people but the ones which hurt the most and which I am ashamed of are killing the innocent ones. Those innocent souls did not deserve to be killed by an impure monster like me. I am dirty, covered with a layer of crimson that keeps layering up. The blood of those innocent people curses me and punishes me by coloring me scarlet. They demand justice from me by haunting me in my dreams and making it nightmares. They question me for my actions and about their fate which I had destroyed.

And I have no answers to give.

______ ...... ______

"We have to think of something," Luis said.

"Rafael cannot be trusted. We can't just go into his kingdom unguarded." Damien continued.

"We need to find the reason why he wants us to be present at his party," Luis said.

All this time, Valentino did not utter a single word. He was in his own world, staring at the edge of the conference table without even blinking until Damien called him a few times taking his attention.

"Did you even hear what we were saying?" Luis asked.

"We'll have to attend it no matter what but it's not like we cannot have protection or make a plan. We don't know about his intentions yet and so we have to be careful. But for now, we have no idea why and what his motives are. So before we can think of a plan, we need to find the motive behind them." Val said in one breath and dismissed the two of them and the army.

Everyone stared at his retrieving figure with confusion in their eyes. Something wasn't right with him. First, he was lost in his own world and now he dismissed the meeting without even letting anyone else speak.

After everyone left the meeting house, I went back into the main house and saw Carla, Bill, and Maria sitting and eating there.

"Hi" Carla greeted to which I replied with a hey.

I took a seat in front of them when Bill asked "How are you Alessia?" I didn't say anything but gave him a nod. I had too many things clouding my mind. First the picture of that boy and now Valentino and his odd behavior. Clara and Derek were also not here, while Luis and Damien were dealing with the Rafael issue. It was all over the place.