◖25◗ Hauntings of the Past

I can now no longer fly, I who was winged from childhood. ~Anna Akhmatova

______ ...... ______

Trigger warning: murder scene ahead. If you feel like you can't read something related to such crimes, please don't read any further. Please do remember this is a work of fiction. Even though unfortunately in real life we hear about such cases on a daily basis. It is just a mere example of cruelty that people do Please do not report it. I had put huge efforts in writing this. 

______ ...... ______

She is at a crossroad: a child's violent will to survive lodged in her chest where her heart should be, but an utter indifference along with it

~Lidia Yuknavitch
_________________

The kaleidoscope of stars covered the night sky like small pearls inside the deep dark ocean, twinkling every time I blinked. I wonder if they were laughing or taunting me after knowing what the fates have given me forever.

These small diamonds in the sky added beauty to the moon. When you've seen your own sun darkened, the moon is the only one to give you warmth. Every time I looked towards the sky, I wondered how the gods made this heaven, where they lived with their children. Looking upon us from heaven and laughing at the cruel play fates made for their entertainment.

Sighing I looked back towards the ground. I knew I could never be accepted as one of the children of gods. The gods, who threw me into the arms of mother Earth, to live a life full of misery. Mother Earth did not protect me when the devil sent his demons to chase me. She did not protect me because I was not her child as well. I was just a mere creation sent upon the Earth to teach humans the consequences of not being a child of God. To be symbolized as an example of misery, torment, and agony.

A green snake with black stripes caught my eye as it traveled inside the woods. It was beautiful yet dangerous.
It made me think about Medusa. One of the three gorgons, a dreadful and fearsome beast that was once a beautiful woman but transferred into a vicious monster with snakes for hair.

There are many myths and depictions of this story. Some say she had an affair with Poseidon, the king of seas and oceans but what I believe is for it to be an ill fate.

She, who worshipped the virgin goddess Athena and incurred her wrath. She, who was assaulted by Poseidon to prove that males will always dominate and crush every single person under their feet. She, who was punished by the goddess she worshipped and gave her entire life to and was killed by Perseus and given as a trophy, a symbol.

One of the saddest stories in greek mythology. She killed men and turned them into stone because she was harmed by one. All she did was protect and defend herself but yet, she became the villain whose head was glorified and hanged.