◖1◗ Kohinoor

They say die with memories not dreams but what would you do when you know that the dreams you see cannot become true no matter how much you try. ~winged_athena

______ ...... ______

Have you ever thought about your dreams coming true? That's just useless to me

Have you ever thought about your dreams coming true? That's just useless to me. I was never allowed to see dreams.

When I was a child, I use to dream quite often. I was one of those few people who'd have the ability to dream every night. There wasn't a night when I didn't or couldn't dream. I could even remember the entire dream, from the beginning till the end and with time, I decided to tell my maa about it.

When I told her, she smiled and replied "Sia, this is a rare quality and you, my dear child are as rare as a Kohinoor"

"Maa, what is a kohbur?" I said with furrowed eyebrows. This word seems like it is spoken by zombies. Well, can zombies speak? Ha! This will be the next question that I'll ask maa.

She laughed lightly at my question and shook her head. She then gently took me into her arms after keeping the storybook aside and made me sit on her lap. Her head rested on the headboard of my bed. "Kohinoor is a very rare diamond. The queen of England has it in the middle of her crown. It originally belonged to the kings of India. It is a very beautiful and expensive diamond. One of a kind. There's no other diamond like it. Just like you my dear Sia, rare and beautiful." She said and smiled when my eyes shone brightly at her statement.

I giggled and clapped my hands in excitement "I am like Kohbur?" I asked her again wanting her to tell me once more. I liked to be appreciated.

"Much more precious sweetie," she said and kissed my forehead.

"What happened honey?" maa asked after seeing my furrowed brows.

"I-I wanted to ask you a question but... but I forgot," I said after thinking hard about the question that I was about to ask her. This has always been a problem with me. When someone speaks, I'd give them my full attention, and then I'll forget the question that I was thinking.

"It's ok honey. It's already way past your bedtime. You should sleep now." she said and lifted me in her arms. She then gently placed me on my bed and covered me with the covers.

"Goodnight maa," I said after suppressing a yawn. My eyes felt so heavy and it was getting difficult to keep them open.

"Goodnight honey" she kissed my forehead and soon my eyes became shut and I fell into a deep slumber of sleep. It was way better here, in my dream world, far better than reality, because these demons were better than the demons I'd have to face once I woke up.

____________

"Alessia! A tray of shots to table no. 48" Rubina shouted at the top of her lungs but it came as low as a whisper to me because of the unbearable loud music.

I showed her a thumbs-up as shouting an answer would be of no use. I made my way towards the bartender, Kevin who thinks we're friends but for me, he is just a mere acquaintance, because that's the best thing to do. Poor guy!

"A tray of shots for the table no. 48" I shouted to him who was busy showing his tricks to the ladies.

"Oh, Hey gorgeous! How do you maintain to look so beautiful even after 9 freaking long hours shift?" He said with a playful smirk on his good-looking face while still performing his stunts with the bottles on fire. He was a redhead with a pretty good height, almost about 5'11' I guess. He wasn't that ripped or muscular but yet he was quite attractive and that's why he was always surrounded by rich women throughout his shift.

I rolled my eyes at him and spoke "A tray of shots for table no. 48. Now!" I said impatiently. Since morning, I've been working like a horse, running from table to table to serve drinks. All I wanted now was to go home, get a warm, long shower and sleep peacefully. I don't know how much longer I would be able to tolerate this loud music. My head is aching and my eardrums feel like they're gonna burst soon.

"Take a chill pill sweetheart. Gimme a minute to make the drinks." I nodded my head in response and waited for him to provide me with the drink.

I turned, now facing away from Kevin and towards the club. Women were dancing on the poles with fishnets and tight black bikinis barely covering anything. Well, this is the reason why this club is flooded with men. Not just any men but the rich, powerful, huge businessmen. These women get paid so well. The strippers were the ones who get the most paid. Men can't touch women pole dancing or even the strippers without consent, which is one of the best rules of this club. They can get laid only if the woman they ask agrees, which happens most of the time as they get paid so much more than I could imagine. I never considered taking this job as being a waitress helps me watch people in this club. I am always on high alert. If I had opted for a dancer or a stripper, I wouldn't be able to see the faces of the men because everyone except them are hidden in dark. This club is dimly lit with red lights. The spotlight is only focused on the performers.

I was thankful it didn't have any men from the mafia families yet. Well, even if there were mafia men in this club, they won't know me because I don't have an identity.

My gaze traveled and landed on a man sitting on VIP's black couch. He looked so incredibly handsome.

Something this prepossessing should be damned.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His gaze landed on me and we locked our eyes. He was so muscular and well-built. His muscles were bulging out and it seemed like his tight black shirt wouldn't be able to resist getting torn if he flexes even a little bit. His coat was laid beside him and he had a glass of vodka in his hand. His legs were apart and he was leaning back, resting his head on the black leather sofa. He was a huge man with midnight black hair. I bet he would be more than 6'3' if he stood up. Oh, the things I want to do to this man. My eyes traveled back towards his face. He had a sly, stubborn smirk on his lips and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Your shots milady," Kevin said taking my attention towards him. I took the tray away from his hands and went towards my destination, but not before taking another glance at that incredibly and sinfully handsome man who was staring back at me.

______ ...... ______