◖32◗ Regina

The voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses. ~E.E. Cummings

______ ...... ______

Scars are better, much better than wounds

Scars are better, much better than wounds. Scars represent the past, telling us that the bad memories which although will always have a mark of remembrance, have now ended. The pain we have gone through has blemished us, but it has finally decided to depart. It is healed.
Wounds on the other hand are freshly opened cuts, which ooze out blood. We don't know when is it going to get healed. We don't know when the pain will finally terminate. All we know, see, and feel is the incised skin, which hides a layer of scarlet beneath it. The strong iron stench of the sticky crimson liquid gushes out from the long vessels of blood. It clouds my nostrils. I despise that stench, but I know it will always cloud my nostrils. It covers me like a blanket and follows me everywhere I go. This scarlet blood never ceases to follow me because it knows that it's my home and I wouldn't be able to go far away from its reach.

It felt like all my scars have been slit opened and replaced by wounds as I looked at those three monsters of hell, Dale, Luca, and Enzo. All this time I had an indent of it, a scar, which I knew was there as a mark of remembrance but it never hurt past my tolerance. Now that they have successfully wounded me again, bringing back all those nightmares of my past, I cannot say the same anymore. Just looking at these demons hurts me beyond my endurance level. These pathetic, good for nothing, sons of bastards had evil smirks on their faces as they looked at me. Their eyes follow a path from top to bottom. These bastards were eye fucking me and all I wanted was to take their eyeballs out of their sockets and make them play Ludo with it. I was furious, I was hurt, I was scared, I was pissed, I was scarred and I was wounded. I was a mess yet I was unbroken. I didn't show a single emotion on my face as I looked into their eyes. I have to be strong and unbreakable. I have to fight and win this battle.

"Regina. Oh! How much we have missed you." Enzo said in a sing-song manner.

"We are overpowered," Derek whispered behind me.

"Yes, you damn are," Luis said before going over to those men who untied him. He rubbed his wrists and stared at us with a look of pride on his face.

"I remember you so well. The way our hands glided around your curves, your ecstatic screams as we ravished you, big drops of tears that escaped your eyes, Ah! I remember it all." Luca said with an evil grin on his face.

There was turmoil in my heart. I wanted to kill them and give them a good reply, a lesson yet I couldn't do anything. I just stood there emotionless. At least I wasn't showing them what I was feeling. I was a wreck, a mess and I knew it but they didn't have to know that. I was broken yet I would always act unbroken in front of my demons. I'll fight them until the end of time. I won't let them win and I won't lose even after I die.