Chapter 47: Home World

Start from the beginning

        "Jasper," you call through the sound. You pull your hands away from your ears, your palms painted red. You crawl towards the quartz, reaching out to her, but as soon as your hand makes contact—she turns to dust before your eyes.

        You gasp loudly, sitting up abruptly. You grip your chest, your heart racing. Your (e/c) eyes take in your surroundings quickly, the action giving you a splitting headache. You groan, grabbing your head as you quickly shut your eyes. You curl into a ball on the floor again, trying to get the headache to go away. "(Y/n)!" You gasp again, your eyes opening once more. "Hey, are you alright? You were screaming." Your (e/c) eyes finally focus on the figure in front of you: Lars.

        "Wh-Where are we?"

        "I don't know," he says with a shrug, looking around the room. "That big banana tossed us in here after we got off of the ship." Topaz.

        "S-So where's Steven," you ask quickly, sitting up. You wince again, your head still hurting bad.

        "I don't know that either," Lars answers with a sigh. "The other...gem took him somewhere else. I don't know anything! I just wish—" Your eyes widen at the beam of white light that surrounds Lars, making him hover in the air for a moment. He looks at you with a worried expression on his face. You attempt to stand and go over to him, but your legs shake uncontrollably, causing you to fall to the floor. Lars then disappears, the beam of light disappearing with him. You sit there, shocked, not sure what to do when the same beam of light suddenly falls over you. You gasp, bracing yourself. When you open your eyes, you're in another bright room.

        "(Y/n)! You're okay," Steven shouts, tears at the corners of his eyes.

        "Steven," you yell back, crawling across the floor. You sit inside of the triangle on the floor behind him, hugging his body to yours. He giggles, leaning back into you. You smile softly, finally beginning to take in your surroundings. The first thing you notice are the two diamonds sitting on thrones in front of you. Yellow and Blue. You swallow, glancing down to see their pearls, and then you look on either side of you. Yet another set of yellow and blue gems. What kind of gems are they, you thought, your (e/c) eyes scrutinizing them. Finally, you notice Lars, who has a bubble over his head, his voice muffled inside of it. You flinch when the unknown yellow gem narrows their eyes at you, looking as if they want to put a bubble on your head too.

        "It's gonna be okay," Steven whispers to you, and you nod, not fully believing him.

        "As we can see from this...specimen, humans are loud, absolutely hideous creatures that serve no purpose whatsoever. What sort of gem would turn on her own kind for this? I'll tell you what kind. A that kind," the gem finishes, pointing at Steven.

        "What about the other human? The words 'loud' and 'hideous' seem to only apply to that one," Blue Diamond's soft voice rings out as she points to Lars.

        "Blue," Yellow says, closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose.

        "What," Blue asks with a slight pout. "This is a trial. I expect honesty at least. The human behind the accused has been relatively quiet and it isn't hideous at all. I wouldn't mind putting it in the zoo..." You smile softly at the compliment, looking away from the long-haired diamond.

        "You have more than enough humans for that silly zoo," Yellow shouts, leaning towards Blue with narrowed eyes.

        "Just let them go! They've got nothing to do with this," Steven shouts, gesturing to both you and Lars.