Episode 17: An Emperor's Blade

Narration
We skip to the moment where NNBX and their remaining allies begin to setup their positions. Myrina and Xiumin are looking over the field leading towards the palace, while Juno and Jensen are relaying battle plans to the others.

Xiumin's POV
"We've sent off about I'd say maybe 30% of our forces to each academy, are you certain it'll be enough?" I ask, Myrina shakes her head. "No, but we need alot of troops to push pass their defenses." She tells me. Just then, one of the knights walks over. "NightHawk, Cutter has brought our ships from the bay in order to assist captain Kel on the navel front." He says, Myrina nods her head. "Very good, continue prepping your gear." She tells him. He nods as well before turning away and walking off.

"Try not to die out there alright?" She says turning to me, I chuckle, "No promises." I say back. She lets out a smile and as she walks away, she stops, slightly turning to me, "NNBX is blessed to have you." She says before finally leaving me. "Blessed for having me? Myrina. You don't seem to realize that we're all here because you're our beloved leader." I say under my breath watching her leave.

Juno's POV
"I have set up our cannons and archers along the cliffs ready to rain down hell on the enemy forces." A demi-human says, I nod my head and turn over to Myrina who's walking towards me. "NightHawk." I say, she smiles, "NightLock." She replies. I turn to the people around me, "Give us a moment." I tell them, they all leave us and I sit down on the side of the table.

"So you've finished surveying the battle field?" I ask her, she nods her head, "All that's left now is to wait for everyone." She says. I place my hand onto her shoulder, "Don't worry, once Azrael is defeated, the world won't have to keep checking behind their backs." I tell her. She then stands up, "Keep up your good work NightLock. If you have any questions, just ask." She begins to walk away. "And Juno... I'm glad to have met you." She tells me before turning away. I smile and shake my head, "Not as glad as I am to have met you... Myrina..."

Jensen's POV
I was setting up a few cannons until Myrina tapped me on the shoulder, "NightHawk, can I help you?" I ask her, she smiles and hugs me. After pushing herself away, she looks out to the field. "Stay safe out there." I tell her, she nods her head and turns back to me, "You too Jensen." She then says. "Jensen, you're the gem of NNBX, we're lucky to have you with us." She tells me.

She then begins to walk away and I simply cross my arms, "Heh... you've got that backwards, Myrina. If only you know how much you meant to us." I muttered.

Narration
Finally, every faction was ready. The demi-humans raised their flags along with the knight of the black oath. NNBX sat on horses in the front of the army behind them and watched as captain Kel and the knight's fleet came into view in the distance. "Whenever you're ready kid." Captain Kel said. Myrina turned over to a demi-human and nodded her head, they nodded back and fired off a signal arrow.

"There's the signal, alright men, prepare for war!" Captain Kel called out. The demi-humans unleashed arrows towards the enemy walls as royal guards and soldiers rushed out of the main gate and into the field where defenses were set up.

Inside the palace, Azrael watched as NNBX and their army charged forward down the hills and towards the valley. "Fools, they didn't think we prepared for them? GrimLock, go deal with your brother and his pathetic team." Azrael said turning to Emma. She nodded her head, placing her right hand over her heart, "If that is your order..." she replied.

Myrina's horse was killed after she was blown to the side of the battle from cannon fire. Myrina quickly got up and ran towards cover as a hail of bullets shot down towards her. A few demi-humans were killed behind her as she ducked down. "There's gotta be a way to get around their front gates..." she said as Jensen ran up beside her. "Making a shield would give us away, we'll try to sneak past them through the battle field." He told her.