Episode 11: Eclipse of Heaven's Light

Myrina's POV
We had left the wagon down by the trail on the other side of the hill before climbing up the steep soil. "The tower is just up ahead." I tell the others as we climb past the trees on the hills. After getting to the top, we see a large stone tower overlooking the field around it. "That's a big penis on Htraeas." Xiumin jokes, Jensen punches him in the arm before looking at me. "What's the plan Myrina?" He asks, "There are undead guards around the front door, as well as patrols going around. We'll have to sneak past and free climb to the top." Juno sighs, "Great... last thing we want is for us to get spotted mid-climb." He replies.

I smile, "Don't worry, we'll be fine." I tell him before the four of us slide down. We make our way past the few guards and up against the stone walls of the tower, now all thats left is to climb. "Ready?" I ask the others, they nod and we begin climbing up towards the top.

As we're climbing, a gust of wind begins to blow against the tower, "Everyone hold on!" I tell them, they each grip their sections tightly as the wind continues to blow harder. We continue climbing up with the wind still going, I managed to get to the top and pull up Xiumin. However, before we could grab Juno and Jensen, the tower glowed red.

"What's going on?" Xiumin asked, I turn my head and see a large blood red crystal in the center of the tower's top floor. All the sudden, a ear piercing screech echos through the field and tower. Juno and Jensen fall through the walls and are about three floors below us. As the crystal continued to glow, a horde of undead soldiers stood and gathered weapons before making their way towards us.

Jensen's POV
"Agh... Juno? Juno?" I say as I sit up, Juno began to sit up as well. "The fuck just happened?" He asked me. "No idea, but I'm not staying to find out. Come on, up the stairs!" I say picking him up. The two of us make our way towards the stairs in the far corner of the room. Suddenly, a burst of energy knocked us to the ground, surrounding us were several undead warriors.

"Well... looks like those stairs will have to wait till later." Juno told me, I nod my head and unfold my blades as he drew his sword. "You get the left, I'll get right." I told him, Juno let out a chuckle in response, "Got it." The two of us then engaged the enemy force.

Xiumin's POV
I used my sword to slash through three of the soldiers before shooting out a wave of fire, burning through a group of them. One of the undead jumped at me, I was quick to respond and jabbed him through the chest with my sword. I pushed him off and blocked the sword of another soldier, "These bastards just don't give up do they?" I say. Pushing him back with the sword, I engulf it in flames before spinning and creating a flaming vortex, launching it at the horde.

As it cut through the horde of undead, it also blew up half of the tower. There was now a hold in the side of it. I look over to Myrina who was being attacked by two of the undead soldiers. I rush towards her, but these bastards stepped in the way. "Damn it..." I say as I hold my sword tightly, "MOVE IT!" With a single flaming motion, I slashed through them all while turning them into ash.

Myrina stabbed the chest of one of the soldiers as soon as I slashed the other in half. "Theres no end to these guys!" I tell her, Myrina only shakes her head, "The crystal! Can you cover me?" She then says, I nod my head and run towards the crowd, slashing and stabbing at them. Myrina runs towards the crystal jumping over a soldier and stabbing another through the eye.

Juno's POV
I summoned a shadow wall blocking the attacks of the horde of enemies, launching into them and the wall popping them like grapes. I then spin around, parrying another's sword before stabbing his stomach with my own. I saw as Jensen stabbed two of them, throwing each into another. I grab a throwing knife, throwing it into the head of one of the soldiers before jumping into the air and shooting a beam of shadow energy into another, blasting a hole into his body.

After landing, I swing my sword upwards, cutting off the head of another. "Jensen, go assist Myrina and Xiumin! I'll take these guys!" I tell him. Jensen blocks an attack of one of the soldiers with his blades as he looks at me, "No way man! We're in this together! Myrina and Xiumin will be fine!" He replies before using one of his blades to cut the soldier in half.

"Stubborn bastard." I say with a smile and stabbing another one of these dead soldiers.

Myrina's POV
As I ran towards the crystal, these undead soldiers seemed to know what the plan was... they began to surround me in an attempt to keep me from the crystal. As expected though, Xiumin slashed through them easily. I slid under two of the soldiers, turning around and cutting off their heads before turning to face the crystal.

"End this!" I yell as I stabbed the crystal. It shrieked from pain, a crystal in pain...? Thats a first for me. Just like that, the undead soldiers began to dissolve after falling to the ground. Xiumin sheathes his sword as he walked up to me, "They weren't too tough." He told me, I smiled at him before looking towards the stairs, "C'mon." I say.

We get to the floor Juno and Jensen were on, they were surrounded by bodies. "Hey guys." Jensen says to us, I wave and smile at them. "You guy look like you've been busy." I tell them. Jensen chuckles, "Indeed." He replied.

Narration
After defeating the tower's blood red crystal, Myrina had obtained the crystal's powder. "Annalistan powder?" Xiumin asked her, she nods her head and looks over to Juno, "What could it do for me?" He pauses for a moment, "Not sure, most are used for enhancing weapons and making them stronger, but I've never seen a blood red colored powder. I recommend we see a annalistan expert." He replied. Myrina nods her head in agreement before they leave in the wagon.

Once returning to the city, the governor runs up to them. "Oh you're back! Please tell me you've done it!" He says, Myrina nods her head, "We have. Now you'll give us what you promise us." She tells him.

The governor brings NNBX into the city hall, there, the four of them sit down as the governor grabs a book, setting it down on the table between them. "Azrael as you know is the son of Death, a god from the Void. His empire began after he killed a regent of the Encarfian family, he took his land and formed it into his own empire eight years ago." He said. Juno sighs, "We already know this, tell us where his empire is located." The governor nods his head. "276 miles to the South. Follow the edge of Encarf and you'll find it no doubt." He tells them.

"Is there anything we should know?" Jensen then asks, the governor pauses for a moment, "His forces consist of royal guards, brutes, calvary, artillery, and the elite royal guards. Be careful around the elites, they're strong, and their armor was created by the black metal." Myrina gives him a confused look, "Black metal?" She asks him. Juno then looks at her, "Black metal, it's a rare metal found only in the mines of Aissur." "How did Azrael gather enough black metal to make armor sets?" He then asks himself.

Myrina smiles at the governor, "Alright, thank you. We'll be leaving now. Start loading up the wagon boys." She tells them. "Wait a minute!" The governor calls out to them, as they all turn back to him, he smiles. "Tomorrow we're having a festival for the end of the Neo-Genesis War, I'd like you all to be present." He tells them. Myrina looks at the others, "I guess it won't be too bad." Jensen tells her, she nods her head before turning back to the governor. "Alright then." "Excellent! What shall I call you by?"

*They each use their codenames*