Episode 2: Of Night & Day

Narration
Xiumin had spotted Myrina underneath the tree by the cliff, he readied himself by popping his knuckes and stretching. "Now to get myself a girlfriend." He says to himself before slowly walking towards her.

Juno's POV
Me and Jensen became very interested in one another. No, not in any sort of romantic way, but as in our history and story of why we came to where we are now. After leaving the dorms to explore, I recommended we head to the forest trails. You see, the academy is simply put, a large flat land with a cliff at the back overlooking a valley. Between the walls of the academy's main building and the walls that actually start the academy's land, is a large forest.

"Do you have any likings Juno?" I hear Jensen ask me. I turn to him and slowly, my gaze lowers to the ground. "Not really, although I have been interested in the history of the world. Why?" "Just curious. I've always wanted to become an explorer, so I find it surprising that you, a person I've just met would be interested in something remotely similar to what my interests are."

Jensen's POV
Juno was quite the quiet fellow. He seemed serious, yet had this soft and caring tone of voice. Its a weird and odd setup. "Do you have any relatives?" I asked him, Juno simply nodded his head before looking forward and down the trail. "My older sister,
Emma." He replied. I nodded back, telling and explaining to him about my family, although I wasn't sure if he was even listening... he seemed to be in another place.

Narration
As the two of them continued down the forest path, they came across a large pond. The forest was full of life, the chirping of birds, croaking of frogs, and splashes of water along the dirt shore. Back with Xiumin, he poked his head above Myrina, she became startled and jumped up instinctively, causing the two of them to bash heads with one another.

Myrina's POV
"I'M SO SORRY!" I cried out as the guy held his forehead, "Ouch... that hurt like shit..." he mumbled. I began to smile, and before I knew it, I was laughing. He stopped holding his head and turned to me. "What's so funny??" He questioned, I wiped the tears of laughter away from my eyes and smiled at him still. "I'm sorry, just the way you looked was funny." I told him.

He sighed and sat down on the opposite side of the tree. I paused for a moment, could this be a potential friend for me? I then jumped around the tree and laid in his lap, "Ahhhh..." I said closing my eyes.

Xiumin's POV
What the fuck? This chick really just laid on my lap... is she trying to have sex?! I clear my throat and began to look away, she only opened one of her eyes, they were hazel brown and glistening from the reflection of the sun.

"M-my name is Xiumin!" I tell her. She smiled at me and sat up before turning to face me. Tying her hair into a ponytail, she closed her eyes again, "Myrina." Her voice... I didn't seem to take in how pleasant it sounded until now. We spent the next few minutes talking until the speakers turned on.

"All newly arrived students report to the front of the academy gates! All newly arrived students report to the front of the academy gates!"

Narration
Everyone made their way to the front and outside. Grandmaster Portal and a group of masters were waiting with a large crystal behind them. Portal stepped forward towards the students, "Alright. To simply put, humans, demi-humans, elves, orcs, or whoever are able to obtain magical elements ranging from light, to fire, water, or whatever you can think of." He then turned to the side and pointed his arm towards the crystal.

"You will touch this crystal and obtain your own abilities that the crystal feels would best suit you." After this statement, the students stepped into lines and began to make their way to the front. Myrina and Xiumin were together while Juno and Jensen were together as well.

Myrina had obtained projection magic, Xiumin; Fire, Jensen; Blood, and Juno; Shadow. Grandmaster Portal then called for silence, after receiving it, he tapped the crystal and images of all students appeared in groups of four. "These are your teammates for the time up until you graduate. They will become your second family so learn to work well with them. After one week, we will transfer you into your own team's barracks." He said. As everyone looked up for their teams, silence filled the area.

"Let's begin your first assignment." Portal said.

Team NNBX Opening Theme 1
"Rising Hope" by - LiSa
Originally from the anime
"The Irregular At Magic High school"