Episode 16: The Night of Nights

Narration
Jensen traveled into the homestead where he saw a group of civilians crowded in a circle. He jumped off his horse and after tying it to a fence, he looked to watch what was going on.

Jensen's POV
In the center of the crowd, were two swordsmen, one with a katana, another with a regular sword, however, they were both modified weapons. 'Interesting... their weapon modifications can be done by only that of a skilled enough blacksmith.' I think as I watch their fight. The fighter with the katana was wearing a black cloak with grey trimmings along the edges, he also wore a bronze bracer on his left arm and a samurai plate on the right of his back shoulder. The other wore a blue fur coat and black pants, they seemed to be flexible enough for movement. He didn't seem to have any armor of any kind, just that.

As I watched their battle, I smiled from excitement and enjoyment. Still, their weapons amazed me even more, the blue swordsman had a chamber of various annalistan gems, if he was to spin the chamber, his sword would be able to use that corresponding element... meanwhile, the black swordsman had a blade with a button attached to the handle, who knows what it could be used for. The black swordsman swung his katana towards the blue, who parried the attack and kicked him back. Blue rushes towards Black and jumps into the air, twisting his chamber to the color of blue, he swings his sword down as a wave of rapid water currents shoot at Black. Black jumps out of the way and swings again, Blue parries for a second time, however, Black then spins around and swings onto Blue's left where he's open.

Blue suddenly forms into a liquid as the katana flows right through him. Blue materializes back and punches Black back. Black pulls out smoke bombs and tosses them to the ground, it covers the surrounding area until he jumps out from behind Blue, slashing his arm, blood gushes out onto the soil as Black then kicks his stomach. Blue places his hand onto the ground, a sudden burst of several blue threads shoot out from the ground and wrap themselves onto Black.

He smiles as he clicks the button, a strike of lightning shoots down from the sky and into his sword, somehow, it didn't cause damage to the surrounding area. Maybe its a trick he learned. The lightning did destroy the threads however. Black then shoots a bolt of electricity at Blue who is hit and crashes onto the ground. As Black and Blue look at one another, they both stop and sheathe their weapons. The crowd cheers as the two of them wave towards everyone. Eventually, everyone walks away leaving the two fighters shaking hands.

I walk over to them and as I do, they both look over to me, "Can we help you?" Blue asks, I hold my hand out to the both of them, "My name is BloodMoon, I'm a member of team NNBX, I came by orders of our leader; NightHawk to find fighters who may be willing to join our fight against emperor Azrael." I tell them, the both look at one another and I chuckle. "I couldn't help but be impressed by both of your combat abilities, your modifications for your weapons, may I ask where you received them?" Blue smiles, "A friend, he and his father are blacksmiths in a town by the east coast." He tells me.

'The east coast... so that must mean that Myrina...' "You said that you'll be fighting the emperor?" Black then asks, I nod my head in response, "Correct, we've only been able to recruit one person so far, a pirate. His crew will be assisting us." I reply. Black smiles, "My name is Kito, this is Rim." He says motioning towards Blue. I nod my head, "A pleasure to meet you both." I tell them, the two of them finally shake my hand and we enter the homestead's tavern where we discuss payment.

"To be honest, we don't care about payments. If emperor Azrael is really behind the recent killings of the demi-humans, we'll join nonetheless." Rim says. I take a sip from my cup of water and after setting it down, I take off my mask, setting it beside my water. "We also need fighters to assist in fighting off Azrael's forces, they plan to attack the academies across Htraeas." I then say. Kito and Rim look at each other, "The academies? Do you know when?" Kito asks me, I shake my head, "We're working on that." The two of them then. Nod their heads, "We graduated from Napaj's academy, our team was split in half after a surprise ambush from Azrael's imperial guards as soon as we entered the Encarfian harbor. I knew it wasn't a coincidence." Rim says.