Episode 6: Stage Two

Narration
Three days have passed since NNBX completed their first test. Now they're to fight against other students in 4v4 matches.

The battle is taking place in the valley right underneath the cliff where waiting spectators watch as NNBX and another team are fighting it out.

Jensen's POV
I look over to my right from behind a tree and see Xiumin being overwhelmed by two of our enemies, I call over to Juno who is behind another tree. "Juno! Go help Xiumin!" He nods his head and teleports into the shadows. I watch as Myrina has defeated one of the enemy team members before jumping behind a rock as gunfire hits the ground. "A sniper?" I ask myself as I peek from behind the tree. There wasn't a sniper, just someone charging towards us with a shield and flintlock pistol.

Juno had helped Xiumin fight off the two attackers. Xiumin's sword engulfed in flames as he swung it into the side of one of the enemies. Thankfully, damage isn't all that concerning due to runes being placed so that no student is seriously injured. I run out from behind the tree, opening my blades as I charge towards the enemy marksmen. She lifts her flintlock towards me and fires, however, I was easily able to cut the bullet in half.

She tosses the gun away and pulls out a dagger as she charges me as well. She attempts to stab me, but again, I blocked the attack and kick her in the leg, knocking her yo her knees. I then retract my left blade and punch her, knocking her out before turning to the others.

Xiumin used his sword to uppercut his next opponent into the air where Myrina shot out a beam of light to her and knocking her to the ground as dust surrounded her.

Myrina's POV
"Well done everyone!" I say as I pat each of them on the back. Xiumin smirks at me, "They weren't so tough." He replies. "Speak for yourself." He says holding his shoulder. "I thought the runes stop injuries?" Xiumin then asks, I shake my head at him, "Actually, the runes only negate the affects of injuries by around 85% so you'll still feel a good brunt of it." Juno nods his head, "Correct. See if you had payed attention in class before the fight, you would know." He tells him with a chuckle at the end.

Jensen then turns to the crowd, "C'mon, lets go for something to eat, I'm starving." Juno nods his head in agreement, "I agree, we earned it." And so we made our way to the cafeteria. Today was a good day there because they were serving some decent raman, pork belly, and even barbecued ribs and steak! As we all sat down, me and Juno began to pray. "You guys are religious?" Xiumin asked us, I ignore him until I finish and smile with a nod. Juno laughs, "Why aren't you?" He questions, Xiumin shrugs, "I guess it never came to me." He replied. 

Xiumin's POV
I turned to Jensen, he had already begun eating, maybe I should too. And so I began to eat the ramen first of course. "Say Jensen?" Juno asks, Jensen looks up from his food, "Why don't we spar later?" He asks, me and Myrina look at one another. Jensen seems confused, "You and me? Sparring? Are you sure?" He asked. Juno only smiles, "I am." He tells him, Jensen then smiles back, "Alright then, tomorrow, after breakfast!"

"Now hold on, wouldn't you guy throw up after or heck even during the fight?" Myrina asked them, the two of them turn to one another and back to Myrina before laughing. "Nah! We got this!" They said in response.

Fast forward to after the fight, I guess you could say they both lost. Myrina was right. They had thrown up after the fight when Jensen landed a gut punch.

Juno's POV
"I told you so." Myrina said to us as Jensen puked again. "Fuck... that hurt..." I mutter as I grip my stomach. "Should've listened to me." She continued to say. I then puked again into the grass as she began laughing. "What are you laughing about?" Jensen questions. "Just two idiots!" She replied before laughing again. Xiumin and Myrina then made their way into the barracks as Jensen and I stayed outside. "It was a good fight up until this..." he told me. I chuckled before nodding my head, "For real..." I reply.

A couple of hours have passed, the masters have called upon the teams that have made it to stage 3 of their training, including us. They told us that for our next test, we were to head out into the forest outside the academy walls and eliminate a monster that was assigned to us. They were ranged from Dover Wolves to Elemental Dragons.

After receiving our monster, all four of us crowded around each other. "A demonic snake?" Myrina asked, Xiumin smirked, "Are you two going to throw up again?" He asked, Jensen chuckled, "You wish." Just like that, we were off.

Narration
The four of them made their way into the forest. They were making quick progress through their tests, soon they will graduate. They stepped into a village of ruins with stone buildings around them.

Jensen's POV
"This is where they said the snake would be." Juno said. We all looked around before I turned to Myrina. "Should we split up?" I ask her, she nods her head, "Yeah. As soon as you spot the target, notify the others." She tells us. All of us nod before splitting up.

Myrina searched by the watch tower near the Eastern side of this village while Juno and Xiumin searched near the middle. Meanwhile, I began my search around the hill side on the West. I searched from a distance, climbing the rooftops of the houses in order to get better angles of the village. Eventually as I was searching, I saw an explosion in the village.

It seemed to have been near the middle of the village... "Juno, Xiumin!" I said before jumping down and running towards them. Once I got there, I was not expecting what I saw. Instead of a large demonic snake, there was a person standing over Xiumin while Juno was up against the wall seemingly knocked out. How could this guy take them BOTH down? Then... he noticed me.