Episode 10: I Know Your Secret

Myrina's POV
I awoke to screaming, I don't know who's scream it is, but it sounds like it came from outside.

I quickly put my gear on and run outside, it's still dark. "What time is it?" I ask quietly, judging from the moon, it looks to be around midnight, almost one in the morning. I hear the scream again and follow it through the darkness. I climb to the roofs of buildings and eventually, I found my way to the market grounds.

There was a person laying motionless in the center of the market. I jumped down and ran to them, "Are you okay?" I call out to them after getting to their side. There's blood... "Hey! Are you okay? Don't worry! I'll get you to safety." I tell then, it looks to be a young girl. Possibly a little bit older than I am.

As I go to pick her up, I hear the sound of footsteps behind me. "I know your secret..." a voice chants. I turn around and I'm greeted by a single woman standing under a lamppost. Her hair was covering her eyes, but I could see she was smiling. "I know your secret..." she chanted again, I took out my rapier and pointed it towards her, "Who are you?" I ask, she continues to smile before running towards me.

I couldn't leave this young woman unprotected. So I ran towards this other woman and swung towards her, she bent her back backwards, as what they would do in limbo. She then swung her hands towards me, I quickly brought up my sword and blocked her attack. I could now see that her nails were unnaturally long. "Claws?" I questioned myself, she began to giggle as she ran at me again.

Jensen's POV
I had randomly awoke that night, I figured I would just go back to sleep, but then I heard s door in the hallway open. Sitting up, I got out of the bed and began to prepare to check on the noise. I washed up and stepped out, there was an unusual mist in the hallway, I looked out the window and there was also mist outside. I look at Myrina's door, its been left wide open. I then ran outside and see Myrina on the rooftops heading towards the market grounds.

I followed on the street and eventually I found her assisting someone. I was about to step out, but then I heard a voice... "I know your secret..." the voice was spine chilling... I peeked from around the corner of where I was standing, someone had attacked Myrina. I watched as Myrina was being pushed back. We've never seen anyone with this kind of mobility... I open my two blades and run forward towards them both.

Myrina's POV
I was pushed into the wall of one of the shops as this woman jumped at me, her claws seemed ready to stab me, but suddenly, she was kicked into the ground as she rolled. "Jensen!" I say as he lands in front of me. "I probably should've woke the others." He tells me, I smile at him and then turn my attention back to the woman.

"Its fine, I'm just glad to see you." I tell him. He scoffs, "I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself." He replies. Together we rush towards the woman as she begins to laugh.

Narration
The woman jumps at the two as she spins, using her claws as a sort of spiral blade. Jensen uses his blades to block the attack as Myrina summons a shield, ramming the woman back. The woman easily lands on her feet and begins running towards them again. "Any plans?" Jensen asks, Myrina thinks for a moment, "Pincer?" "Got it!" The two of them then separate, the woman attacks Jensen, swinging her claws at him as he again, blocks the attack. He then kicks her back as Myrina slides behind her.

She aims her sword towards the woman and dashes forward with incredible speed. The blade of her rapier pierced through the woman's shoulder. The woman cried out in pain before kicking Myrina and pulling out the sword before throwing it to the ground. "I know your secret!" She says more demonic before running at Myrina. Jensen then lifts up his hand, the blood of the woman formed into a hardened blade and flew into her leg.

The woman fell to the ground as Jensen then stood over her, pinning both her arms under his feet. He raised one of his blades before slashing her head off. Myrina stood back up and picked up her sword. "Are you alright?" He asked her, Myrina nods her head with a smile. All the sudden they hear the sound of more footsteps. "Looks like we're not done..." she tells him, Jensen chuckles, "I guess not." He replied. All around them were about several of these women... they began to all chuckle and laugh.

Jensen and Myrina look at one another and both nodding their heads, they run into opposite directions and into the crowd of enemies.

Jensen's POV
I jumped into the crowd, instantly killing one of these creeps by stabbing her with both my blades before splitting her in half and slashing another. One of them jumped from behind me, using her claws, I managed to block it and with my other hand, I pierced her stomach and threw her into another three.

I turn around and see three of them running towards me, with a smile from behind my mask, I jump over one as she tried to tackle me, I spin forward and cut the second in half directly from the head to the toes, after landing, I swung upwards, slashing the third at an angle. The one I had dodged jumped at me again, but I kicked it in the face and stabbed it's throat.

Myrina's POV
I summoned a shield in front of me and threw it at the crowd of women. Most of them fell easily, however, the few that remained jumped at me. I summoned a second sword in my free hand and spun around, like a saw, I cut through so many of them. I ran towards another group who all charged at me. I slid under one of them and jumped up, cutting her in half. I then threw my constructed sword into the head of another before driving my rapier into the chest of a third.

Narration
As the sun came up, Myrina and Jensen sat back to back out of breath and exhausted as the bodies around them began to dissolve into black ash. "Good work..." Myrina said, Jensen chuckles, "You too..." just then, Juno and Xiumin walk over to them. "Where in the fuck were you two all night?" Xiumin asks, "By you two, he means Myrina. That's all he talked about when we woke up." Juno said. Xiumin shushed him and turned back to Jensen and Myrina. "Look around you." Jensen told them. Juno and Xiumin did just that, the final woman had dissolved. "Well fuck. We missed one helluva party huh?" Juno asked. Myrina then smiles at him still out of breath.

After recovery, they brought the woman to a hospital and from the doctors, learned that those women from that night were known as "Mountain Witches" "Mountain Witches?" Juno asked. The doctor nods his head before looking down at his papers, "They were used in experiments by the scientists of the city, but after reforms, the scientists were arrested and executed, the witches escaped captivity and were known to rest in caves during the day and come out at night due to being extremely weak to sun rays." He tells them.

"Is there no way to cure them?" Myrina then asked, the doctor only shook his head as he set down his papers now. "We're working on that, however, we don't have any successful test subjects nor do we have enough resources." NNBX leave after a while and as they stand outside, they look around the city. "Why don't we take a rest eh?" Xiumin asks, Myrins turns to him, "You're not serious?" She asks, Xiumin chuckles, "Uh... maybe." He replied.

Jensen and Juno look at one another as Myrina lets out a sigh. "Hey you four!" Someone says running over to them. A short man stops in front of them and hold out his hand, shaking each of theirs. "My name is Mr. Helden, I am the governor of the city and I heard of your fight with the witches." He says.

Myrina and Jensen look at one another with Jensen shaking his head (No, I didn't tell anyone) she then turns back to the governor. "I'm sorry, we're not looking for any work right at the moment, we have our own problems." She tells him. The governor then gets onto his knees, "I beg of you! There's a tower of undead hordes that constantly attacks our lower parts of the city!" He says.

The four of them seem confused, "We didn't see anything wrong when we arrived." Juno comments, "That's because the tower is on the other side of the mountain." The governor replies. "Please! I'll pay you whatever you want!" Myrina sighs, "Give us a moment." She tells him.

NNBX steps back and talk with one another. "We already have our hands full." Juno says, "But innocent people are dying!" Myrina argues. "I'm sure the guards are doing decent in defending the walls, they haven't destroyed the city yet." Jensen then says. "He said he'd pay us anything, we can do this assignment and if he has information on Azrael and Death, we can ask for that." Xiumin then says. The four of them look at one another before nodding their heads

They return to the governor, "So have you decided?" He asks them, Myrina smiles, "Do you have information about Azrael's empire?" She then asks him.