Diary of a Youkai

Passage #0
Day 0

Oh my. I've never imagined myself disturbing the order between multiverses like this. Yet, I promised someone a favour, and I don't intend to break it.

He wanted a pawn in his own world that would allow him to rule it. One that is as strong or stronger than himself. Yet, all the formidable beings in his world are either a foe to his kind or missing any form of intelligence, making them lost causes to control. 

He wanted someone new. A being who would have the memories of a past life and the grief they were dying in. Someone who would grow in his world to dance on the palm of his hand as he plays them on the table like cards.

I'm not breaking the promise per se, but I would try my best to avoid allowing him from reaching his final goal. Because that final goal might as well affect surrounding universes and grow further out. It would be a problem I'd have to involve myself in. 

I chose someone whose heart is turning bitter. His thoughts are turning sour, and his attitude is turning salty. Yet, his soul is still pure, and that is all that matters. Kalrusht will never notice.

Suicide. A relief to some people, yet an action that society is unwilling to accept. If that person has lived in awful times, why would you prevent them from relieving themselves? 

Ahh, I should stop overthinking matters I wouldn't understand. Such as human society.

Kalrusht left my realm after he saw my chosen candidate and analyzed him. I also intended to rest after I transported the candidate's soul into his new vessel. But he was going into a terrible start.

Not even two minutes in his egg, a commotion started in the real world. Men fought with dragons, and it was clear who was winning. I cannot bear my work being thrown away so quickly. So I decided a little detour is needed.

I can't say I do this very much, so it was unnerving to do as I floated myself into this universe and made myself invisible. Out of the men's view, I created a natural-looking crack in the cave wall quite some distance from the egg as I whipped it with my umbrella. It rolled into the crack perfectly. A hole in one!

Passage #1
Day 17

A lot has happened to "Troy" for the last seventeen days. Some would say that too much had happened. 

While he had a good plan, it was pure luck that allowed him to kill that tiger. If I was in his position, I would've moved homes or tried to avoid it. Though I am relieved it worked out for him.

Then he became a pet to a mayor's son or something similar while he was getting hunted by humans. He proceeded to impress me by learning an astounding amount of magic with the tomes the town provided.

If this keeps on going, then my plan might have worked faster than I expected. I tried to look into his future, but everything was blurry. That's another mystery I'd have to investigate. 

His intelligence was found by the town's librarian, but the librarian was kind and smart enough to help him hide it.

Then he got tested and injected by scientists and actually lost a leg to a rouge warrior or whatever those humans call them. But I'd say it was a pretty decent match. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that he then befriended the guy with the help of the same librarian and then became an adventurer. 

I thought he started off rough in this world, but luck is on his side these days...

But what really interests me is how he disposed of the demon snooping around town.

Now I get why Kalrusht wanted a pawn. If these are his right-hand men... I'd better not comment or I'll belittle these red peasants too much.

It took 17 days for him to already start preventing chaos in that world. I wonder what happens in a few years?

Oh, and the author would like to say thank you for twenty thousand reads on this story, alright?

============================

I'm supposed to be the one who says that...

If there's a fifth wall, I think she still broke that one too with that line.

So anyways WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 20K READS ANOTHER... what do you call it? Uhh... uhh... Milestone? Wait, lemme go on google for a moment... Yeah it is a milestone. 20 K READS ANOTHER MILESTONE MOTHERF-

Ahem... control myself please...

Thank you all so much for showing some support or for enjoying this story in the first place! Although votes would be nice...

I was about to mention something important last chapter, but the youkai fucking cut me off! And... I already forgot what I was going to say so let's just drift past that for now...

Anyways, this will be the end of the first volume. I'd probably take another long break while trying to make another cover for the next book so...

I guess I'll see you in a month or two!

Byeeeeeeeeeeee!