Chapter 2: Unlucky Confrontation

Goddammit, I'm hungry. But no worries, I'm a dragon that is supposed to be feared right?

...

Right?

I started walking around the forest, looking for anything to hunt or eat. I found a little bush with some delicious fruit, which I'm delighted that I can eat. But that wasn't enough.

*Rustle* *Rustle*

Hmm? A hare? Perfect...

Then it ran.

I need to learn how to hunt. I don't wanna become a vegan. I love meat.

*grrrrrr*

That was my stomach. And yet I kept walking. I came back to the lake to drink but then went hunting again. It was starting to get dark when I finally got a rodent that didn't fill me up a hundred percent, but I was satisfied.

*grrrrr*

Boi, I really hoped that would be my stomach. Unfortunately, it's not. I turned around to see a comparatively huge black tiger with two huge fangs at the front.

A s-sabre-toothed tiger?!

With no warning, it pounced. I dodged quickly, pushing all my four legs to propel myself to the left. Its claw suddenly extended, almost hitting my underbelly, which would be fatal.

It jumped again, aiming for me, but it missed, yet I dodged and almost fell. It took advantage of my mistake and tried to claw me but kind of punched me instead. It didn't pierce anything but the momentum freaking hurt.

Thinking quickly, I went behind the object I crashed into. It was a tree as thick as I was long, which is about 2 feet wide. I was about to try and climb it for a chance to escape from the wild cat when suddenly a black paw literally cut the tree down and the same cat tried to pounce at me again.

What the HELL?! Is everything this strong in-

I didn't have time to think as I took an emergency run. I looked back to find out that a tree root has trapped the tiger's foot. I knew that that would not hold for long, so I quickly climbed a tree, which proved to be easy with my new body.

I was about to look down when the tree I was on started falling down and quickly went to another tree, and another, and another. Behind me, one by one, trees started falling down.

Can you please just give up??! Aren't you tired of chopping trees down already?! Deforestation is illegal, you know!

Right then, the trees stopped falling down behind me, but I ran for a dozen more seconds before I was sure I lost him.

I took a breather and noticed a bat approaching me from behind.

Ehh, such a cutie...

Then suddenly it transformed into the sabre-toothed tiger I saw back then.

Wha-

I didn't have time to react as it yeeted me to another branch. Fortunately, the claws didn't do much on me. I started running again and getting away from it. But after it recovered from seeing me still escaping fast it was gaining ground on me way too fast.

FUCK, RUN FASTER, STUPID LEGS.

By now, the sun has already set and I'm worried that more creatures like this would come. I need to hide somewhere quick. And fate loves me, as a wall of rock appeared in front of me with a small opening that would fit me perfectly. I dashed into it as the tiger nicked my tail. It was deep enough that it would take a long time and a lot of energy for it to make a hole to reach me. So it would give up.