Chapter 9: The Guild

"Hey gappy, how is my future slave going?" Kalrusht sneered as he appeared in the border realm between the modern world and G^¢s;#yo, where the gap youkai, Y#£a#), lives.

Only to see her asleep midair in a position that would make most think she's sleeping on an invisible bed. Kalrusht sighs and snaps his fingers to wake her up. It didn't work, so he resorted to fire magic as fire suddenly appeared mere inches under her body.

She wakes up normally and a gap appears under her to consume the floating flames as she started mumbling.

"R£&... I said wake me up in a few weeks..." She mumbled.

"Having hallucinations heh, spirit?"

The youkai's eyes widened as she realizes who is speaking to her but quickly recovered. "What do you want?" She spoke in a voice that says that Kalrusht wasn't invited.

"I want to check on what you promised, gappy."

"Now, who allowed you to call me that?" She retorts, getting more annoyed.

"As long as you're in my debt, I can call you anything, sour candy."

The youkai shivered from annoyance, which only happens once in decades, making this quite a feat for Kalrusht to do.

That fucking demon. Wait until I stab him with his own horns or freeze him in space. On second thought, he's in my dimension. I can do anything with him. Although, I'm not one to break promises. Maybe I should flood his not-so-humble abode with the coldest liquid there is. He won't be so happy now, won't h-

*knock* *knock* "Hello gappy's head, I would advise you to focus back to real life, please."

The youkai wouldn't take any more of this. She used her Japanese-style fan to slap Kalrusht's face. "That's my line, demon."

He chuckled, "Now, back to what I came here for, how is my future slave?"

"You know, checking on him yourself should save a lot of time."

Kalrusht huffs, "Yes, but I would not show myself to that world of mortals unless necessary."

"Trust me when I say you're no more immortal than a human walking across a street," the youkai giggled.

The demon's mood dropped and he frowned, "I never die, you thought you killed me once, but I'm still here, correct?"

Y#£a#) giggled more this time, "I can see through anything, cherry. I know you can run out of your self-resurrection energy. And by then, you will die. Isn't immortality the ability to not die for eternity?"

Kalrusht (somehow)paled, "H-how'd y-"

"Don't mind that now, here, you wanted to check on him." The youkai said as she threw the orb at the demon's face, only for him to catch it.

"Aaah... Aaa? Why did you make him a lesser dragon!? There are a shit load of stronger creatures there!"

"That's where you are partly wrong, Kal. In terms of strength, size and intelligence, yes, there are a lot of stronger creatures out there. But, you wouldn't know, but there is something special about lesser dragons. They have the affinities of all elemental magic. They just can't use it because they're dumb. Lesser dragons and greater dragons most probably got affected by similar amounts of dream energy, but got affected in different ways."

Kalrusht's eyes widened, "If that is true, then you are a wise partner, partner."

"Hey~ we're acquaintances for now. But don't be surprised if I try to kill you after this."