Chapter 3: Calm Before the Storm

A/N:

There will be three types of breaks in this story:

Time skip: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POV change: =================
Flashback: ****************
Oh, and hybrids are possible if I repeat more than one kind at the same time. Toodles!

==============================

Ahhh, this is the life.

After I killed the cat and hunted some more. I researched what made those blue orbs appear. I didn't get another one. I tried, with a sacrifice of a hare, to see if I killed not for food then it releases the blue orb. It doesn't. I thought that the blue orb appears because of our desires. So when I desire food, it only gives food, and when I desire for power or regeneration, it gives me a blue orb.

And of course, since I still had the morning to myself, I started exploring around the area. It seems that on top of the cliff of the cave I stayed in, there is a hot spring! And it's perfect for my new skin! I've been here for the past hour, and I swear I almost fell asleep again. Falling asleep in such a dog-eat-dog world would be fatal.

I better get out of here before I get too attached. Uhhh... What should I do now?

Then a feeling of something heavy on my back reminds me of it.

My wings! It's carrying the water! Wait... My wings! I can fly!

I'm too retarded to take that into consideration of the daily life of a dragon. Now, where to practice?

The first place my mind leads me towards is the cliff. But...

NONONONONONO I'M NOT DEPRESSED ANYMORE TO JUMP OFF A TALL HEIGHT AGAIN AND HAVE A CHANCE OF KILLING MYSELF.

In my mind, I had some confidence that I would be able to do this. I remembered a few stories online on Wattpad that the parent or guardian of the dragon YEETS the hatchling off the cliff of a mountain or something, but I ain't going to risk myself doing that. Well actually...

I jumped and extended my wings, not flapping them. I guessed that this will work better. I need my wings to get used to the feeling of air under it and be strong enough for it first, so I glided down. Step-by-step training you know. I'm smarter than every other main character an average Wattpad writer makes.

It seems that gliding was the right choice. I smoothly went through the air, over the top of the trees. The feeling of flying is bliss to my mind as I lost myself to the wind.

Ahhhh, I don't know if this is better or the hot spring behind me... Shit

I looked behind to see the cliff getting further and further away. I suppose it's now nearing two kilometres away. It's gonna be a pain going back home.

================================

"FUCK!"

The captain of the knights is in a fit. One of his subordinates lead him to a small hole in the wall of the cave, where the cracked egg is.

Everyone else nervously looked at each other. The rage of this leader is known to be aggressive. It doesn't kill, but it does damage or injure some people if you don't be careful with him.

Finally, the captain's right-hand man stepped up and asked, "Captain, what do we do now?"

The captain, Fulimos, sighed. "We have no choice but to report back to Lord Gracius about this. But two of you must stay here and be ready to slay that lesser dragon hatchling if it comes back."

"We'll stay," a knight volunteered while patting the back of another. These two are known to almost be glued to each other. It is nigh impossible to make them do missions separately, but an advantage of this is that the teamwork is exceptional.