Chapter 8: A Dream Come True

I was flying around the place, going from aisle to aisle, happily flipping through magic books. It's like heaven.

Troy?

I always have been a bookworm too in my past life. And now, I can study magic!

Jumping around the library, I started reading some tomes at the speed of light and then becoming an element-bender and also teleporting around the place. Jumping around... Jumping around...

TROY!

Besley then snapped me out of my daydream as he called my name. I looked back around the library seeing the mess I created in my imagination not there. There were people studying and discussing but it was generally quiet.

One part of me wanted to act like how my daydream envisioned me to, but the more dominant and logical part of me won't let me do it in order to still keep my intelligence a secret.

The librarian on the counter next to the entrance looked up and saw Besley. He quietly said, "Ah, Mr Besley, welcome back! How's your mother?"

"She's still on her trip, Professor Damian. She won't be back for another few days." Besley whispered back.

Professor Damian spotted me and leaned towards Besley to whisper to his ear, "Can the beast be kept in check here?"

BITCH I CAN BEHAVE, THANKS.

"I'm sure Troy here won't be much of a problem. He's already getting used to living in the mansion!" Besley said as he trotted off, with Professor Damian going "Shhhhhh" behind him.

Hehe... Off to work. There are too many magic books for me not to read them...

I pretend that I'm just curious about new smells by sniffing around, and when I get to the magic section. I looked around if anyone was watching. Besley is studying, at least that's what I think he's doing.

That's when I took action and ZOOMED behind a bookshelf. I looked up to see that I'm in the "Basic Magic" aisle. Jackpot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 3 of hardcore magic studying, and... I haven't learnt a single spell! But I'm the happiest I've been in this world.

I've been taking secret trips through the library window. Of course, I only come in when the coast is clear. All I've been doing is learning about magic 101, which came from a book called "Magic 101", quite literally.

Let meh list out all the types of magic that are in the book...

Elemental(main) Magic:
- Fire
- Water
- Wind
- Earth
- Metal
- Plant
- Light
- Shadow
- Solar
- Lunar

Miscellaneous Magic:

- Body Enhancing Magic
- Concealing Magic
- Sensing Magic
- Illusionary Magic
- Analyzing Magic

Unique Magic:

- Mind Magic
- Soul Magic
- Holy Magic

Taboo Magic(magic too dangerous or malevolent to use):

- Demonic Magic
- Nuclear Magic
- Atomic Magic

There are also three levels of magic potential. There is non-affinity, which is the level when there is no potential for that type of magic in the blood, which means they can only use simple spells from it using a magical medium(a wand for example).

There is affinity, which shows that your blood has the potential to do that kind of magic and you'd be able to perform more complicated magic without chanting and/or a medium to help. Although a medium still might make it easier.

Then, there is mastery, which signifies that you have mastered the element from an affinity and can do the most complicated sorceries instantly on will without a medium. This cannot be obtained when born and has to be gained either by empowerment or long hours of learning and practising.

Elemental magic is the most common magic someone can ever use and is also found to be an affinity in some monsters.

Miscellaneous magic is non-elemental magic that is generally not offensive. Except, of course, body-enhancing magic, which includes healing, stamina replacing, raising the speed, bla bla bla.

Unique magic though, Ohohohohhhh... OHOHOHO! Those are some rad stuff. These are considered the rarest for any monster to have and are far more complicated than either elemental or miscellaneous magic. I say any monster because there has been no human in history who has an affinity with it when born. And the spells are far simpler than the whole thing.

Mind magic includes mind-reading, controlling, manipulation, and sense changing. Basically changing brain waves from a distance. No human can have an affinity with this, but a few spells are possible to do for the short term.

Soul Magic is also affinity-proof magic for humans. It involves controlling the soul, which could be potentially the deadliest magic there is. Resurrection, moving souls across bodies, imbuing weapons with soul magic so that they aim to destroy the soul instead of the physical body.

*memories of Hinata commences... not the Naruto one*

The first two are told to happen but only the third one is officially used and recognized in this field of magic. Not gonna lie, resurrection and soul-moving seem a bit overpowered.

Holy magic, meanwhile, is said to be obtainable as an affinity when you become a "Hero". A hero is known as a person who fights to create peace and protect humanity. They're also faithful to the religion of Firaloism, which is the most widely accepted religion, believing that Firalo is the one and only god.

Not much is known about taboo magic other than that it is illegal due to malevolent or highly dangerous use.

God, I love brainstorming. I generally love studying! So this is pure bliss to me. Of course, I want to learn a shit ton more about magic, but I also wanted to know more about myself, so I went to a shelf where I remembered seeing a book about dragons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Literally only 10 mins later)

Didn't get much more info. Lesser dragons are 7 ft tall, rarely having affinities in magic, blehhhh.

Although one part I found very interesting. All types of dragons start at the same size in life and roughly grow at the same rate. It takes about three years for lesser dragons, about 10 years for greater dragons, and 15 years for arch dragons to grow to 30 ft tall before taking a few decades to grow to 60 ft. According to my math, that means I'll grow 2 ft per year. 

God, the thought of tripling my height in a year though...

Another thing is, I thought growth is partly exponential. But I won't question a magical world.

*thump* *thump*

Oh shit! The librarian is coming!

I half-placed, half-threw the book to the closest empty space for it and just ran and hid behind the side of the bookshelf.

Did he see me? Nope, he's going.

Once I'm sure he was gone, I had a lightbulb go out of my mind. I'm sure no one reads this anyway. No smell of hands from the past few weeks. I did an evil grin as I took the Magic 101 book with me out the window to practice magic somewhere.

===============================

Two days ago, I heard from a guard that came in about their suspicions on Mr Besley's dragon, Troy. Ever since then, I've also been interested. My interest peaked when I realized that the dragon has been going to the same aisle every time Mr Besley comes. So I decided to investigate.

Yesterday I found quite a few light marks on our most basic book on magic. So the guards' suspicions might be correct.

Today, I saw the dragon slip its tail out of my sight in the same aisle. Besley wasn't in the library today. Now I'm very sure that the dragon is intelligent.

It only peaked even more when...

I found the empty space for the book on magic...

And the dragon slipping out the window.