Chapter 23: First Day!

Following the events of that "spar" with Girmold, I tried to apologize to him a lot of times on the way back to Univ but he said it was fine as it was a fair fight, albeit with a sour face. I stopped when he explicitly said that he was annoyed by me apologizing all the time.

The next day, it was my first day being an adventurer as Girmold smiled as I giddily saw him again.

"And look what I've got!" He said as he pulled out a rectangular sheet from his bag. He handed it to me, but I didn't grab it first as I saw it was just an empty black card. 

"What's that?"

"You need to grab it."

And I did, when suddenly, a design and some words started to materialize out of nowhere.

Holy CRAP IT'S MY OWN ID "Domo arigatou gozaimasu!"

He laughed and said you're welcome, "I don't know what the hell you said but I'm gonna assume that's a thank you. Oh! I almost forgot!"

He then pulled out some kind of brown cloak and a piece of paper. "This is a cloak for anonymous adventurers so people could recognize you as one. It's given free for anyone that signs up to be one. I couldn't reject it or I'll look suspicious. And this *holds paper up* is your first mission as an adventurer!"

Of course, I asked a few questions and found out a lot of stuff that interests me. The design on the background is the logo for the Guild of Malia, which is the worldwide guild for adventurers that is recognized in all human countries. It also appeared on the brown cloak that would hide a person's looks if they were wearing them.

 It also appeared on the brown cloak that would hide a person's looks if they were wearing them

I understood the purpose of everything else in the card, but...

"Everard? When did I get that as a last name? Do dragons have last names?"

Professor Damian got extremely annoyed by that. "You've been living with the nobles in this town for two weeks, listening to all the conversations you heard, but you still DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR LAST NAMES ARE??

Holy shit, dude. Calm down.

That then leads to another complicated set of shit, where I unconsciously have fully identified myself as a part of Besley's family, and so do they, so I accidentally adopted their last name too.