Interlude: The Researchers

On an empty road, there are three carriages under the light of the moon. The natural sounds of crickets and the rustle of leaves as light winds pass them constantly linger through the night. Yet, only one of those sounds will suffice when the land will be bathed in a lively light. On the horizon, glimpses of blue start to appear, announcing the imminent arrival of an orb that gives warmth and light.

And as the sun started to peek over the horizon, the silhouettes of buildings started to appear in sight, marking the end of the party's one-week journey. The more the sun shines, the more the forest looks like a different world. Leaves shine along as dew can be spotted on their surface. Birds started singing, bringing a new sound to the air. Tiny bugs, squirrels, woodpeckers, and all other life started coming out of their homes to start a new day in their lives.

Only when the sun has risen over the horizon did the passengers of the carriages stir. The first carriage has more sunshine, yet, ironically, a person from the second carriage woke up first. Followed by the others. No one woke up in carriage 3, and that's because it's all filled with luggage and supplies. 

"Everyone, we're almost there!" The driver of the first carriage announced. That was followed by some sighs and remarks or relief.

As they entered the gates of the town, most bustling citizens turned their heads at the rare sight of royal carriages in a small town.

Just a few minutes later, they have arrived at the public library, it being their allocated space of what would be their research on a new variant of a creature they thought they knew well. Every public library in Altidore is built with a laboratory inside it.

A man in a gray robe exited the building. It was the town's librarian. He was a bit confused, not being informed of when these guests are supposed to come.

One of the researchers/scientists exited the front carriage. "Ahh, we've arrived!"