Chapter 7: Home Exploration

The night I was officially adopted by Besley and have been named Troy, I started exploring the mansion a bit. It's quite big, alright. It's not that wide or long, but three floors ain't a joke.

The dining room was fancy at a perfect level. The walls didn't have any wallpapers like in the other rooms and the windows aren't draped. The carpets have a pattern that looks like ovals overlapping each other. And the tablecloth is crimson-coloured.

I rechecked the wine room and of course, found Besley's hidden path. It was quite the hassle trying to get over the barrel hiding it.

The Lord's room was locked, and someone was guarding the kitchen from me, which I totally understood why. Most of the other rooms are either living rooms, guest rooms, or bathrooms. In total, I think 18-20 rooms. Not a joke. That's not counting the possibility of an attic.

Although I noticed something else. The staff around the building is watching my every step while I was exploring. And there are also knights appearing. Hey, I'm just a baby lesser dragon! Why are y'all so scared?

While passing the front doors of the building, the knight that chased me earlier in the day opened the doors and threw an icy glare at me, which I replicated. He then went into the meeting room where the lord was waiting. i don't know what they were talking about, so I stayed close to the door to listen.

I could hear the lord speaking, "Fulimos, what's the urgency?"

Then another voice, the knight's, was heard, "Sir, we found out why the forest was richer in the number of monsters. It seems that the vampire tiger which controls those numbers has been found as dust..."

Wait, so what I did was actually a bad thing to these people?

"Huh? How? When do you think this happened?"

"My trusted spy-knight approximates the dust to be at least two days old. What's peculiar about this, sir, is that there was one of the swords my subordinate left in Troy's former cave next to the dust. The only conclusion we have is that Troy killed it with the help of the sword. The hilt is made of silver, and silver is fatal towards vampiric beings."

Oh wow, that conclusion was spot-on.

"That's outrageous! Troy wouldn't reach beginner level at his age. Not even any other type of dragon could surpass that level! And, if my memory serves me right, three days ago was the full moon right?! Which means the vampiric tiger would've been an advanced-class monster! That's five tiers above Troy! It would need at least 100 lesser dragon hatchlings to even have the tiniest chance against such a monster in that time! Those two lesser dragons we killed, Troy's parents, wouldn't even stand a chance against it!"

Sooooo... I'm a prodigy?

"That's why I came here, Lord Gracius. We think that the dragon isn't what it shows. It is dangerous to leave it in your manor. I advise you to keep a closer eye on the creature. I've already told the other through the communication orb. So far, there has been no reports of suspicious activity from the dragon."

Suddenly, it was quiet for half a minute. Quiet to me, at least. If they were whispering, I'd have no way to hear it.

Someone please speak! I'm getting chills from this sudden silence!

"Well, Fulimos, the only way to find out if this dragon is really as dangerous as we think..." Lord Gracius's voice rang out just right beyond the door.

SHIT SHIT HE'S GOING TO OPEN THE DOOR AND SEE ME! WHAT DO I DO???

================================

"Well, Fulimos, the only way to find out if this dragon is really as dangerous as we think is," I said as I reached the door handle. "That he will be eavesdropping outside!" I opened the door.