Interlude: Suspicions

Fulimos and some other knights were waiting in the barracks. He sent a spying-specialized knight that knows a lot of concealing magic to the woods. It's reported that for the past few days, both monsters and normal animals have been thriving more than usual. This obliged them to strengthen their defences along the border of the forest.

The spy came in, bringing a sword and some dust.

"What have you found, Claud?"

"Sir Fulimos, it is also a big surprise to me, but the vampiric tiger in the forest has been found dead in its home. This is its dust and there was this sword next to the dust. Someone must've killed it. But who?"

"Approximately when did this happen based on the dust's age?"

"It seems that this dust is at least two days old."

"What lunatic would attack that monster two days ago?! That's the time of the full moon when that beast is an advanced-class creature!"

"I agree, Sir Fulimos. But the question is, why did the person leave this sword?"

Suddenly, a knight gasped and went forward, "That's... That's my sword that disappeared from the dragon's cave! The one I left and when we tried to find the hatchling, it was gone!"

"As you can see, there are bite marks and scratches on the sword, whoever was handling this was not human."

Everyone became silent. The spy continued.

"All the proof and hints point toward the possibility that the hatchling we were hunting was the culprit behind this action."

Other than a few gasps, there was no reaction nor any denial toward that statement.

Fulimos started nodding. "Indeed it does, but how? There are remains of vampire blood both on the hilt and the blade. Which means the dragon also utilizes the silver that is on the hilt of the sword."

Everyone still kept quiet.

"For a lesser dragon hatchling... a threatless-class monster to defeat a vampire tiger on the nights of the full moon, which their rank can reach advance-class... I'll have to report this and I'll have to tell all the citizens that live in the lord's mansion to keep an eye out for the dragon that Besley's keeping. It might be more of a beast than we thought."

Everyone agreed and went back to their posts at the border of the forest.

================================

WOOOO

This is the first part of the story finished! Been a bit quick though.

If you enjoy, pls vote the chapters and tell me what you think so far through chat or comment!