Communication 55: "Roasted Potatoes."

Tadano reads a manga recommended by Hitomi, his sister meanwhile is watching TV.

TV: Roasted potatoes, very very delicious!

Tadano suddenly switch his attention to the TV as he heard the mention of a said delicious food and cat ears popping out of his head.
He taps on the part of the table near Hitomi, which got her attention to him as he points at the TV excitedly like a child.

Hitomi: Hmm? Oh! You want some?

Tadano nodded in joy and Hitomi smiles to that.

Hitomi: Okay, let's go.

Hitomi was about to stand but Tadano suddenly starts shaking his head.
She got confused as she sits back down as Tadano stop shaking his head with his hand pointing at himself.
Seconds later, she realized what Tadano meant.

Hitomi: Ohhh, you want to buy it on your own?

Tadano nodded.

Hitomi: Okay, but come back as soon as you bought it.

Hitomi gave Tadano ¥1000 to him and he stands up to go wear his jacket.

----------

Tadano's standing outside, starts looking around as he spotted the roasted potatoes van and chases after it.

The van driver is casually driving, but he notice on the mirror that a face suddenly appears on the looming dark street.
He stops the van and checks, only to see Tadano, not a ghost which he's relief of.

Tadano can't get himself to talk to the guy in the van.
The van guy asked if he wanted roasted potatoes, which he ended up shaking his head.

Tadano doesn't know why he shook his head, so he started chasing after the van again.
The van guy noticed on the mirror that Tadano's chasing after the van again, so he stops.
He checks on Tadano, only for him to avoid his eyes.

The van guy starts driving but notices Tadano following the van again, stops driving and checks which Tadano turned back as if playing "red light green light."

The van guy ended up going out the van and went to the back of the van to open a box of the roasted potatoes.
He thought Tadano was getting cold and that the roasted potatoes could warm him up.
Tadano got surprised that the guy would give him some so he put his point finger up, but then he raises another finger and then raises all his fingers which the van guy gets confused of how many Tadano really wants.

In the end, Tadano bought and paid properly.
He realized 5 potatoes may have been too many though was he relief because the weather is cold and the potatoes are keeping him warm.

~~~~~~~~~~

Komi: 'Last cultural festival... Something's bothering me about it...'

Komi closes her eyes to relax but ended up opening them again as she remembers.

Komi: 'A lot of people saw Tadano-kun in a maid outfit!'

Komi remembers the few times when Tadano is wearing a maid outfit.
When Komi's mom saw Tadano in a maid outfit, his sister, then when he ran off.
Not to mention Shousuke probably saw Tadano wearing that maid outfit twice in a single day.
Komi scream on her pillow as she remembers that.

Komi: 'Why does Tadano have to dress up as a girl!? ARRRGGGHHH! That Najimiii!!!'

But, good thing later on that day, Tadano is wearing the butler suit till the end when he and she danced...
Komi quickly shove the pillow from the sofa to her face and starts screaming on it.

Komi: ... 'Tadano-kun's face that time... What was I going to say to him back then?'

Komi remembers what she was going to say to Tadano as she starts shaking her head, repeating in her head that it wasn't what she's thinking.

Komi: 'I should think about it calmly. There's no way I could feel like that.'

She stands up and starts wearing her coat.

Komi: 'I mean, Tadano-kun's handsome... and cute, but... that's why me and him... No no no, what am I thinking!?'

Komi slaps her hands on her checks to have herself stop whatever she was thinking.

Komi: I'm going out for a bit...

Shousuke: Video game? (Shopping?)

Komi: No!

----------

Komi gets her bike and starts strolling around.
While casually going around, Komi notices Tadano outside the streets caring a paper bag of what she guessed is roasted potatoes.

Komi: 'Huh? Tadano-kun... What's with this timing?'

Tadano notices Komi, which is already too late for her to go away so she started to greet him.

Komi: Um... Good evening, Tadano-kun. W-what a coincidence.

Tadano got surprised as he covers his embarrassed face with the bag of roasted potatoes.

Komi: You bought roasted potatoes?

Tadano nodded as he lowers the bag.

Komi: It's already late, let me take you home.

Tadano starts shaking his head.

Komi: Huh... you're fine with this?

Tadano nods as if saying he'll be fine.

Komi: ..... 'Should I ask him to hang out? It's winter break, we have free time, and, um... it's fun being with Tadano-kun... Ah! As friends only! As friends! Yeah!'

Komi put her hands on her face and shakes her head nervously, which confused Tadano.
Too late for her to realized as her bike has fallen, making a sound.
Komi gets it up as Tadano silently watches her.

Komi: 'But, when inviting someone, I should decide beforehand when to meet and what we're going to do.'

Komi looks at Tadano for a few seconds before walking on ahead.

Komi: Um, well... Take care, Tadano-kun. 'It's no good...'

Tadano held on to the back of Komi's coat so she stops.

Komi: Hm?

Tadano hands a roasted potato wrapped with newspaper to Komi.

Komi: You're... giving it to me?

Tadano nodded, so she takes it.

Komi: Thank you.

Komi could feel that the roasted potato is still hot, which put warmt to her hand.

Komi: Tadano-kun... Let's hang out together during winter break.

Tadano got surprised though he accepted her invite.

Komi: Oh, and thanks for this. Well then...

She mounts on her bike and starts paddling away.
Tadano waves goodbye then turns around and continues walking.

*winter break has started*