Communication 56: "Merry Christmas..."

December 24th, Christmas Eve.
Komi currently has no plans.
She only stares at the calendar, looking at the number 25 circled by a red pen.

Komi: What to do....

Just as Komi was about to go get water, her phone rang which startled her.
She picks up the phone, hearing the very loud voice of a specific someone on the other end.

Najimi: Heyo, Komi-san! We're having christmas party at your home, buy some present to exchange with others! The budget is 2000 yen! See ya!

Najimi ends the call as Komi process the whole words that thing uttered within a heartbeat.
As Komi look at calendar on her phone, she starts panicking.
It's December 24th and tomorrow is Christmas, so she immediately went through her closet, wearing whatever she thinks is fit for the season.
Just as Komi was going out, she spot her younger brother on the table casually drinking tea, noticing her standing by the door as he looks at her.

Komi: 'I have a lot of few friends = a lot of presents = a lot of bags to carry... Then that means...' Shousuke, let's go for shopping!

Komi told her brother as an excited smile appears on her face.
Shousuke stare silently at his sister for a while and sighs.

....................

At the store, Komi walks as she gets amazed of all the wonderful stuff around.
Meanwhile her brother, Shousuke, follows her after he was forced to come with her (mother's approval.)

Komi: Oh, look! There's a lot of cute stuff toys here! Ohh! look at that!

Shousuke could only sigh deeply as he had the feeling they're gonna take hours just to pick a few presents.

Komi: Whoa...

Komi looks at her brother with a 1KG of assorted rice crackers on his hand.
He wants to leave already.

Komi: Silly Shousuke, we're not giving that to my friends.

Younger brothers walks towards the exit, wanting to leave already.

Komi: Wait wait wait! I-I'll narrow it down to three!

Sousuke stops walking and looks at his sister putting her three fingers up.

And so...
Komi's choice number 1:

Komi: Assortment of candles!

Choice 2:

Komi: Vase with reindeer design!

Choice 3:

Komi: A dancing Santa Doll! So, what do you think?

Shousuke starts speed walking to the exit as he didn't like any of Komi's three choices.

Komi: Wait wait wait!

~~~~~~~~~~

Komi looks between a blue and white checkered colored umbrella and a handkerchief, trying to choose wisely.
Shousuke was about to check through some clothes when Komi noticed him, then the clothes beside the shelf of things she was checking on.

Komi: Oh! What about this?

Komi shows Shousuke a knitted cloth and an idea suddenly popped on her head.
She gets near her brother and handed him her pouch containing her money.

Komi: Want to do the honors?

Shousuke starts walking away in a speed of light.
Eventually, Komi dragged him back, promising she will buy it and then they can go home.