Chapter Thirty Seven

I had been staring at white walls for the past forty eight hours, my body sagging in the chair as I waited for someone to get me out of here

I had been staring at white walls for the past forty eight hours, my body sagging in the chair as I waited for someone to get me out of here. I had been going out of my mind, wondering why I hadn't seen or heard hide nor hair of Gianna. Something twisted in my gut, the bond tethering me to my woman telling me that something was about to go wrong - though I couldn't yet understand what. It was unusual for her to not be here when I could clearly see Luca through the transparent glass all alone, completing the formalities to no doubt, get me out. Even Esme wasn't to be seen anywhere. I had been aware of all the legal paperwork that had been filed for a reappeal, having overheard the cops around me talk about it. But right now, the only thing that would give me peace was getting out of here and seeing Gianna safe in my arms.

Luca had a panicked look on his face as the cops escorted him inside the room, my mouth dry after having only some water a little over sixteen hours ago.

"Luca." I rasped as soon as he entered. "What's happening?"

"We're getting you out of here, Gio. They're giving you interim bail, at least until the trial date is set."

Relief blossomed in my chest as I cursed softly.

"And Gianna? Where is she?" Luca's brows pinched at my question, an expression that I couldn't really put my finger on. But it was gone as soon as it had come.

"Outside." He muttered as he watched one of the cops uncuff me as I rubbed my sore wrists.

I stood up immediately, blood rushing to my head and making me feel light headed since I hadn't had any proper solid food except for a measly sandwich since I'd been taken into custody.

Assuming that all the paperwork had been completed, I strode towards the exit ignoring the voices calling out from behind me. I instantly rounded on Luca as he turned the corner, pinning him to the wall.

"Where is she?" My stomach fell at the hesitant look on his face. "Spit it out, Luca." I growled as panic attempted to seize my insides.

"She's been taken."

"What do you mean she's been taken?" I roared as I pushed against his head, making it smack against the wall.

"Goddamnit, Gio! My fucking head." He snapped as he held a hand to the blossoming bruise. "It means she's been fucking kidnapped, stronzo. I went to the office today since she didn't come back to the penthouse last night. We checked the security footage outside and think she's been led to the outskirts of the city."

"Have you tracked the location?"

He nodded in the positive as I pushed him by his collar towards the car that he'd driven here.

"You drive."

"But Gio, you still -

"I said fucking drive, Luca. If anything happens to her, you'd better believe that I'll skin you and Alessandro alive." I threatened lowly as I got in the passenger seat. "What the fuck were you thinking, anyways? Letting her out of your sight like that? You and Alessandro were supposed to protect her while I was gone."