Chapter Thirty

I took the napkin from Sergio's hands as I cleaned his seed off of my chest before pulling the straps of my dress up

I took the napkin from Sergio's hands as I cleaned his seed off of my chest before pulling the straps of my dress up. I could gladly admit that that was the single most hottest thing I'd ever done in all of my 25 years of existence. My core still tingled with the memory of how hard and fast I'd been taken. After which Sergio had taken care of me, his gentle hands roaming over my body before he'd kissed me softly. How could I fight him, fight us any longer? The words had slipped out of my mouth at that moment, my brain catching up later. The joy on his face had been worth it though. The pure affection in his eyes before he'd demanded for me to say it again. And again. And again. And I'd said it. Dio mio, I was in too deep with this man now. Or maybe I'd just never fallen out of love with him. Subconsciously, I knew that he was it for me. Only him.

"Ready?" Sergio asked, reaching one hand out to me, rewarding me with that dimpled grin.

"Always." I smiled before slipping my hand into his, the both of us making our way out of the club.

It took us a few moments to move through the crowd, the loud music pulsing through before we made it out into fresh air.

I breathed in deeply, the noise from the busy London streets filling my ears.

"Remember this place?"

"Of course, how could I forget?"

We both shared a smile as I remembered the way I had screamed bloody murder. The first time when I'd seen my devil shoot a man in cold blood. And maybe, in some twisted sort of way, that was the moment I had unconsciously fallen for him. It was an irony, really. The same hands that killed were the same hands that could be the most gentle ever when it came to me.

"Nearly took my leg that night." He joked as he referred to the way that I had left him injured in the alley.

A flash of guilt hit me before I realised that I had done what felt right, what felt safe at that time. How would I have known that I would eventually fall in love with my captor, my sworn enemy?

We walked in silence, the noise fading into the background even though I knew that Sergio had kept Alessandro on standby in case of any emergency.

"Even then, I knew that you were meant to be mine in some weird way." Sergio said as he broke the silence. "Even when I thought that I hated you for no fault of your own, I was enamored by you."

"If it's any relief to you, I was enamored by my devil even when I knew it was wrong."

"Devil, huh?" I laughed, knowing that it was true to an extent. He was my devil. A man who'd burn the world down for me if it came to it. "We could never be wrong together, mia gioia. Not in this lifetime nor in the next. It was always meant to be us."

I hummed happily, feeling content for the first time in several years. Like I was home. Up until now, I had always believed that home was a place. A cafe or a bookstore where I felt at peace. But I was wrong. It was never the place that was home - it was the people.