Chapter Nineteen

Another uneventful week had passed by in the blink of an eye - unless you could count Gianna watching me jerk off to her name as eventful

Another uneventful week had passed by in the blink of an eye - unless you could count Gianna watching me jerk off to her name as eventful. I had been mildly surprised to see her standing there with wide eyes and flushed cheeks, her gaze roaming from my sculpted torso to my cock. Call me vain but I loved to stay in shape and manage my diet. And based on her reaction that night, it seemed like she appreciated it as well. I hadn't been the least bit embarrassed by Gianna's little voyeuristic incident. In fact, it had quite the opposite effect on me - it turned me on like crazy. Unfortunately, she hadn't stayed back long enough for me to tell her that there was nothing to be ashamed of. It wasn't like she was seeing me naked for the first time. But she had run out of my room as if waiting even a second longer would burn her ashes. She could barely even look me in the eyes the following morning when she handed me the thick stack of papers that she had prepared for my case. Hence why this past week had been pretty boring.

Well, that was all about to change today since it was the first court hearing where I would be going against my own mother in court. Life really was a bitch sometimes, huh? Eleonora Agosta had spent the past month spewing lies and god knows what other bullshit about her only son and how I was capable of killing in cold blood. How I'd deserted my fiancée - the love of my life - to fend for herself. I would have snorted in amusement had it not been for the severity of the situation. Karma would bite them in the ass eventually. Hopefully.

I tightened the cufflinks on my suit before adjusting my tie. My hair had been slicked back to perfection with the gel that I had bought yesterday, courtesy of Luca, of course. My beard had been neatly trimmed so that only a slight stubble remained. All in all, I looked presentable. And sexy as fuck. Shooting my own reflection a wink in the mirror, I grabbed my cell phone before moving towards the living room where Gianna sat in that tight little pencil skirt, poring over her handmade notes. Her outfit was a far cry from the usual trousers and shirt combo that she liked to wear everyday to work. There was a half eaten apple in her hand as her brows furrowed in concentration, too lost to even care about her little breakfast.

That was one thing that I had noticed about her since I'd come back - the new her, at least. She'd been extremely watchful about what she ate and followed her diet and exercise plan meticulously. While I was happy that Gianna was taking care of her health, I was still confused about her PCOS diagnosis that she had confided in me weeks ago. I had done my level best to stock the kitchen with gluten free and dairy free foods, but I wasn't sure if that was enough. I had even tried to do some research myself on Google but had come up a little confused. Apparently, there were 5 types of PCOS and each woman reacted differently to it. Needless to say, I had given up real quick and had simply ordered Alessandro to keep the kitchen stocked since I assumed that Gianna liked the food based on the way she practically inhaled it.

That was another new development between us. Everytime we ate together - which, truth be told was very rare due to the both of us being workaholics - I would try to bring up the past and tell her the truth. But she somehow managed to wave me off and change the subject before running back to her safe haven again and burying herself in work. And I could see the effect that was having on her. No matter how much concealer she used to cover up her dark circles, I knew of the hours that she'd stayed awake, making phone calls and reaching out to witnesses and people that had previously worked with me. I knew because I'd press my ear against the door with warmth spreading through my chest. She could have half assed this case. But she wasn't. She was working her ass off. And a part of me liked to believe that she was doing it for me, for our history together - no matter how delusional that sounded to anyone else.