Valentine's chocolates

Yumiko Pov

"Then Yumiko"

''Yes Mother?''

''What will you give my future son-in-law for Valentine's Day?''

"I already told you it's not like that!" I quickly denied my mother's words.

"So, you won't give him anything?''

There are a few days before Valentine's Day, I had seen other students do this, but I had never tried, more than I had no one to give, but now that I am friends with Raiden, I had thought about giving him something for Valentine Because for Christmas he gave me a necklace and I couldn't give him anything in return, so that day I want to give him something special.

"I didn't say I wasn't going to give him anything." I quickly broke eye contact with her. Since I was thinking of buying some chocolate to give to Raiden, but at the same time I wanted to try to prepare the chocolate myself, but the biggest drawback is that I can't cook.

My mother had a smile on her face.

''Did you want to give him some homemade chocolate?''

"How did you know...?" I stopped speaking before I finished speaking since i had done so without thinking.

"You are a very easy to read daughter, you also looked quite flushed, so you don't have to be a fortune teller to know what you think''

I guess I can't deny her words, my mother is too scary in her way.

''It's true, I was thinking about wanting to prepare something for his, but I don't think I can do it''

"Yumiko" My mother's voice was charming. "If you need help to prepare something, I can tell you that I will be happy to help you." After saying this, she raised her thumb.

"I thought you might be busy with your work." Even though Mom spends more time with me now, I know she has more workload to be able to leave hours earlier, so I didn't want to be a hassle with her.

"Yumiko!" My mother's words made me jump.

She hugged me "You are my daughter, so there is nothing more important to me than my dear daughter, so do not hold back if you want help or advice with something, like your mother, I will always be available for you. Since that's a mother's job, right?''

I responded by hugging her. "Okay, if I have a problem or question about something, I won't hesitate to ask for your help or advice."

''That's good for me'' she said cheerfully. ''So, do you want me to give you some classes so that you can prepare chocolates and desserts in general?''

"I think I could give it a try'' I said a little nervous, since it was the first time, I had tried to cook something.

"You're not sincere." she said mockingly.

I pouted at her words.

...

"I was hoping it didn't work out on your first try, but I have to say it exceeded my expectations"

"Isn't a mother supposed to support her daughter and not make fun of her?"

''That's what I'm doing, I'm giving honest criticism, but leaving that issue aside, I suppose that on the days I'm unoccupied, I'll have to give you some cooking classes.''

"No need." Since Raiden knows how to cook, I don't see that it is important for me to learn when he's the one mastering the kitchen.

''Oh, is that so? So, will you trust Raiden-kun's abilities?''