𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-50

Start from the beginning

°°°

I stand against my car waiting for Aida to make a presence, "Alexandra are you going somewhere?" I look at Sergio who stood on the other side of the vehicle.

"Yea Aida and I have something to pick up," I answer frankly.

"What thing exactly."

"Aida-" Before I could continue any further Aida who just appeared out of the blues, beats me to it, "A couple of baby stuff, this little boy might be stepping out this week."

What? I thought we were going to her ex-workplace. Oh, and the baby is a boy, God a mini Anthony, so cute.

"Very well then, just be careful and keep your phones open so if anything goes wrong we know where to find you.."

It's weird how Sergio didn't get a clue of Aida's lie, "Don't worry we will." He usually is a fast lie detector.

"Shall we?" I nod getting into the car and starting the engine.

"Aida, what's going on?" I ask as soon as we are out of the gates.

"Nothing we will just go to my old workplace." I stare away from the road and smile at her for three seconds. "Do I by any chance look like an idiot to you?"

"Certainly not, except sometimes when you know-" I cut her off mid-sentence, "That was a rhetorical question Aida," I suck in a breath, "Oh," She realises, "Yes Oh, now tell me where are we going?" I ask one more time, "Oh my God Alexandra, I told you we are going to go to my old working station."

"Well, that's not possible cause we are in Milan and you used to work in Rome, remember." I pop the balloon, "Well, You-I I mean, you know." she murmurs

"Oh, I do not know, enlighten me will you."

"We are going to seal a deal with my ex-boyfriend and his boss."

Ex-boyfriend and boss, why is she even meeting her dead Ex-boyfriends boss.

"Huh? The dude we killed, what was his name, ugh Albert something-"

"Alfredo Moretti." she corrects, "Oh yes him, isn't he like dead."

"Yeah, no."

Very precise, what a way to go Aida.

"What do you mean "yeah, no"?" I ask genuinely confused while driving to the land of unknowns.

"He wasn't my boyfriend."

"Then who was he, who the fuck did I kill?" I raise my tone before whispering the last part, waiting for her to respond, "He was a bait."

I run my fingers through my hair sweat breaking from my forehead, I killed someone innocent.

"What, but Anthony knew him and-"

"Anthony has never met Alfredo, cause I made him up, and those that came on that day were sent by Xavier."

"What." My blood runs cold at the sound of his name ringing in my ear, "Xavier is your ex-boyfriend !"

"No!" she resumes, "Xavier is an old friend, but one of his men is my ex-boyfriend, well-meaning he is the boss of my former lover."

I push the brakes stopping the car in the middle of the road knowing it won't create much of a problem as no one barely takes this road.

"You dated a Russian?" I stare at her my face contorted with rage I am trying to keep in, removing my hands from the steering wheel, I push the car door open getting out.

"Aida for fucks sake, you brought Russians into our household and worked with them how does any of this make sense when you are pregnant with Anthony's child who is a vast role in this fucking household!" I scream in one breath.

Aida stands from across the car biting her lips, "Does Anthony know about this?"

"No-No Lex he can't know, T-this might ruin everything we've built for years." She mumbles coming forward,

"You can't keep lying to him!"

"Alexandra-Please, I-I have been hiding this for years, and-and I think it's just better this way.." Her tears flee and flow from her eyes which she soon cleans with her sweatshirt sleeves.

I take in a shallow breath before nodding, "I won't say anything I promise."

"Thank you," she murmurs

That's when it hits me, The only name I have been craving to put a face to pops in my head, "Aida,"

"Yes," I stare up from the car hood locking eyes with Aida, "Do you know Katrina?"

"Yes, we have met a couple of times in the past," she recalls with her hand on her womb,

"Aida I think I will need you for one last thing, but before that let us go meet your Ex-Lover."

I think my Ace of Spades might come to use, at last, nothing is better than killing two birds with one stone.