Chapter 49

Chaos, everything was totally out of order. But, why was that no surprise? Anywhere there was trouble, criminals slaving others, you were there to destroy everything in your path. Most importantly, to destroy them. That was no different when a new team was made, it consisted of Asume, Kiba, Shikamaru and what was left of Team 7 arrived at the location that they had been given by one of your team's informants. They were not certain that you were being held there but, there were no other locations that could provide them with reasonable evidence that you were there.

However, it has been before they were close enough, they were greeted with some girls trying to flee, only for them to be stopped. They were terrified, but at the end they confirmed that you were indeed in that brothel. But upon getting closer, the smoke rising to the clouds were no good news.

As expected, before there were any orders given, Toyo and Rafu took the lead by leaving the others behind without even allowing Kakashi or Asuma to speak. "Our team will go ahead and explore the area just in case we find any fleeing enemies." With that, Asuma took his students and allowed Kakashi to continue.

That only left Sakura and Kakashi to follow Rafu and Toyo. It was idiotic to rush off like they did, specially when they had been given details of what needed to be done in order to accomplish the mission. Shaking his head, his eyes trailed to Sakura  who seemed as anxious as Rafu and Toyo. "Since the girls were not being chased,  there probably are no enemies close by but don't let your guard down Sakura."

The girl offered a determined nod but aside from that, she didn't even glance at him. You were indeed one strange girl and rather lucky. It was very surprising that you were still alive, but the most surprising thing was that no matter how many times you found yourself in danger, you always found a way to escape. He only hoped that you had managed the very same thing but deep down he feared the worse.

You had been bleeding, tired and just exhausted. Everything was revealed only to him, the girls had told him everything. His mind was about to continue to race until they arrived at the burning building. When they arrived, Toyo and Rafu were nowhere to be seen, probably inside the burning building.

The flames devouring the building, even as it remained standing, it wouldn't take too long for it to collapse. Sakura, being trained by the Hokage and being able to provide any medical needs, rushed to the burning door. "Stop!" The gray haired male made her come to a halt. Just as he was about to explain, a wall was broken into pieces and the two males emerged from the building.

There were burns on their skin, but the worry that the two males had was greater than the pain that the burns caused. Sakura didn't waste a second to rush to their sides and aid them, but none of them allowed her. "She isn't there." Toyo explained as calmly as possible, but by the way his fingers curled making fists, he was refraining from showing his anger.

"That only means she's still alive!" Despite the situation, Rafu smiled, a smile that was so rare to see. It was one of those that held hope, happiness and many joyful things.

Kakashi's stare shifted around the house, but there was nothing out of the ordinary. Not being satisfied with that, he inspected the area surrounding the building. Since the ground was very dry, there were no visible tracks left behind, aside from footprints. Instead of two bloody footprints, there was just one.

The other three, upon realizing that Kakashi's attention was captured by something, they joined his side. "Do you think that's her?"

However, everything came to a complete stop when something came crashing to the ground. As if they had been attacked, they jumped away from the noise. But once their eyes rested on the source of the noise, they captured the image of a fainted Toyo.