Chapter 23

This is why this Village was a target. It was small, and it did not have ninja to protect it. The worse part was that it was a welcoming Village, as long as travelers brought any source of money to spend, they were more than welcomed.

As it was described by Benjiro, everything was arranged. You would post as [Fake Name]; the daughter of an innkeeper who happened to be Oshin. Since most travelers stay in an inn, it's probable that those men will stay either here or in another inn. 

It would be easier for you to be an easy target when you were going to expose yourself to people coming into the inn. Not only that, but you'll be left alone most of the time. So, you'll surely capture some unwanted attention.

For the first couple of days nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary, you got some visitors but none of them matched the photos on the mission report. The following day though, you got some interesting visitors. 

It was two males, one that looked quite peculiar. Blue gray skin,blue hair, sharp teeth and small white eyes. Overall, he resembled a shark.The other didn't seem odd, but the longer you looked at him, he looked familiar. You have not seem him before, but his resemblance seems familiar. Both of then wore similar black coats with what seemed red clouds on them.

As they walked in, the blue haired male seemed to be talking to the other male. As he talked, your ears caught a name, Itachi but that name didn't ring any bells. Whomever they were, they were not worth your suspicion. You were here for someone else, not them. Taking a long breath, a fake smile stretched across your features. "Hello, welcome to the [Inn's Name]! My name is [Fake Name], my father is unavailable at the moment but I'll be attending you! How may I help you?" 

You were surprised how energetic you sounded and even appeared happy. The males, the shark looking one looked to be around 29 maybe 30, while the darked haired male seemed to be around 17, maybe 18.

As the shark looking man approached you, you tried not to show your interest and surprise show in your eyes. He narrowed his eyes as he leaned over the counter, a small frown of annoyance written all over his face. "Aren't you energetic." He muttered as he leaned back, displeased that you didn't seem one bit surprised about their presence. "Why don't you stop with that smile, it's getting on my nerves."

For just a second, the smile dropped from your face not because of his request but because it was hard to keep it on. However, as soon as it was gone, it appeared on your face once more. "I apologize, it is not my intention to bring you any sort of annoyance. Our goal is to make you feel welcome."

Just as the male began to say something, the younger one stepped forward. "Are there any rooms available?" His soft voice questioned, so unlike the shark looking man. 

"We do! We have singles and doubles, what would you like sir?" Again, you replied with a cheerful voice.

"Two rooms." It was simple the way he replied but you could help be be reminded of Benjiro's voice. They were not the same but the way he spoke, it was very calm and even sound rather kind despite not offering a smile.

"Of course." You searched for the corresponding keys, and once they paid, you gave it to them. "Thank you very much for choosing us. Breakfast is served at 6 am, lunch at 12 and dinner at five. However, if you're unable to show up for the meals, we're more than happy to bring it to your room just for a small fee." 

By the time you finished, the other man was probably close to strangle you. "Your rooms are located upstairs, but if you're not  able to find your rooms I am more than happy to help you."

It was a relief when they were gone, now you could let your smile drip from your face. It was so exhausting having to pretend to be someone else, but with time you'll get used to thinks kind of thing. For the next couple of hours, after your so called father arrived, you cleaned the unused rooms, and also the rest of the inn. You also prepared the meals, some of the clients showed up, others didn't. It was exhausting but once the day was over, your 'father' Oshin let you go and have fun.