Chapter 6

Freedom, or at least part of it, seemed different. The freedom you always hoped to have wasn't close to what you have now. Or is it even freedom? Of course you are treated well, that can not be denied. Everyday, you were given three meals and nothing was asked in return. Although you still had some chores to do, it was better than the treatment you had with Junko. However, there was one important thing you were lacking, happiness. 

You imagined you were going to be happy after you obtained your freedom, but you felt...Empty. Even when you  were a captive, you had retained a bit of happiness.Hina was always there to steal one of your smiles, she had been the cause of your happiness.

Letting out a long sigh, you stop to stare up at the sky. It's hot, and there are no signs of any clouds that could announce rain. Today you and the older kids, were allowed to go outside but only to do some cleaning around the village. With a plastic bag, you were expected to walk around and pick up any trash. Although there was no limit as to where you could go, you have just an hour.

On your way, you came to stand at the entrance of the village. Despite being a lively day, in this location, it felt muffled. As if you were underwater, and your ears were drowned with water. And your brain felt foggy, stuffy...And through that feeling, you could not help but wonder; Would you  survive if you left? Or even if you attempted to leave, would you be allowed to leave? Your feet twitched, your fingers holding the bag, trembled as your heart beat with utter excitement. 

It's just a wish, you know you can't leave. You have yet to see, but since you arrived at the orphanage, there had been some occasions where you felt like you were being watched. They would say it was freedom but it was merely an illusion.Shaking your head, you change your way and continue with your chore.

"Hey, what was she doing here?" Izumo questioned. Although they both remained in complete silence upon your arrival, they had been observing you. 

The glint in your eyes as your gaze was locked on the entrance, as if there was something utterly enchanting. "The Hokage mentioned her, remember? But I never imagined she would even think of escaping." Kokestu muttered as he leaned forward to see you walking away.

"I don't know how to feel about her, she looks normal to me. I don't see what the big deal here .​" Izumo shook his head.

Your last stop, it was, what some kids spoke about, the academy. This place was for the future Shinobi. This was where people were to be trained to protect, a snort made it's way out of your nostrils.Peotect, right.

Your train of thought was interrupted when the kids rushed out of said building, and your criticism changed. Those were kids, not the men who had taken advantage of all the kidnapped girls. These were kids who, in their minds probably only thought of protecting their loved ones and even those that were unable to protect themselves. Not those monsters who called themselves men, human. 

Maybe you were too harsh, judging everyone just because of some gave into their twisted desires. It would be unfair to judge them all by someone else's actions. 

Some of the kids, all younger than you, maybe around nine rushed to either their homes or simply to play with their friends. Some walked slowly as if they were not in a hurry. You've seen some of them all every morning as they rushed with either excitement, laziness it simply boredom to the academy.

"Hey," a group of kids seemed to have seen you and caught their attention. The leader sent the others a wide grin before he advanced forward. "An orphan," and he didn't seem too kind upon uttering that word.

The last thing you wanted was to get in trouble, so you decided to leave. But just as you turned around, the leader tore the bag from your grasp and emptied it. "Pick it up." 

Glaring at the ground, you didn't even get to turn around when he threw the bag at you. That, that is what made you remember those memories. All the times you were humiliated. When will that stop? Shaking with rage, your gaze snapped to the leader's face.

Images of Junko flashed in front of you, your blood boiled as you could see yourself being beaten and humiliated. That moment, you had forgotten that she was no longer alive, all you could register was Junko's laughing face as you leaped forward sending the male to the ground. 

His small figure thrashed, pleading for you to stop. By all you could see was Junko's face, begging for mercy. Her fear, you enjoyed how her face contorted as each blow collided with her jaw. You didn't stop, until some pairs of arms pulled you back. You struggled for a couple of seconds until your vision was clear, and realized that this was not Junko but a horrified kid. 

"I" your eyes softened, and anyone close could see regret and pain. The boy along with his group rushed away with panic in their eyes, the leader crying at the throbbing pain.

"How troublesome." You heard one mumble as he removed his hands from your arms, the other two doing the same. 

Without a word to say, you grabbed the bag, picked up the trash and left in a hurry. What were you doing?! What have you done?! Rushing towards the orphanage, you cursed at yourself. 

There are no questions asked as you arrived. All you wanted was to go to bed and just sleep. Maybe sleep would let you forget of what you've done. He deserved a beating, but not how you had beat him.

"[Name], someone wants to speak to you." But you didn't move, you curled up in your position. The person remained where she was for a minute and then left.  Even if you didn't know who that was, you were in deep trouble.