Chapter 20

Note: The next chapters will focus more on what is the reader's role and other things. Maybe it won't focus entire of the Leaf&the siblings as much as you guys hope, but that moment will arrive soon. I plan of building the character more, to see her develop. I also want to focus as what is her role in the story, and a of that. Although she may not interact with any of the characters, or at least not you guys probably want but they will appear...Even if they are either from the Akatsuki or even Orochimaru. Anyway, I wrote this whole note just to let you guys know, I hope that you guys still enjoy the story even if there has not been much interaction with the Naruto cast.  Though I'll probably  be uploading more often, I am already working on the next chapter. Anyway, if you guys have any questions or anything, let me know! Thank you for reading! 

-----

During your stay back in the  Leaf Village, nothing exciting happened. You simply finished your task and left the village, even if you wanted to look around, it would not have helped you. The last thing you wanted was to get even more attached  If you had even attempted to get to know them better, it would have been much more painful and agonizing to have to say goodbye. So in the end, you returned back to what would be your home, without seeing any of those kids or even Sasuke. 

So, here you are, facing the Kazekage. You decided as soon as you arrived to give him your answer. "It now appears that you no longer need to go back to the Leaf Village. I am certain that by now you're wondering if there are others who await for your help," the Kazekage explained, "but that won't be necessary. They seemed to have their own technique to resolve their problems, so that leaves you free for your training." Before he continued he waited as the door was knocked announcing the arrival of someone.

Benjiro was the one who entered and he occupied the seat at your side when he was instructed to do so. "You already know Benjiro. There was a reason as to why I had him in the team. I wanted for the both of you to get aquaintanced."

With wide eyes, you were shocked to hear said news. So he had planned a of it? "You knew I was going to accept?"

"I made the assumption that you would, so yes. As to why he is here, from the moment you left the Village, it was decided that he would be your teacher.Although he specializes in poisons and antidotes, he will be teaching you  with reading and writing. That however will not be the only thing you'll be taught, you'll also be taught the basics of the ninja arts, along with it's history so on, so forth." Maybe you were wrong, but he seemed almost proud as he held your gaze. "It won't be easy and on the contrary, you'll work twice as hard as anyone else. I am sure though, that you'll do more than just fine, you learn quickly which will help you gain the knowledge that you require. That being said, I also want to inform you in advance that once you learn the basics, someone else will be arranged to teach you. Whomever is assigned to train you, will help you to focus in what you'll be specializing."

That was a lot of information to digest, but you still managed to smile in appreciation of what he was doing to help you."I see, thank you, I'll do my very best. If I may ask, and I don't mean it as an insult, why him?"

At that, the Kazekage's eyes held amusement. As if he liked that simple question. As for Benjiro, he simply remained in his seat without a word. "That's because he was the only one willing to take you as his student. I must admit that I was surprised that he offered to train you personally. He's an excellent Shinobi but he had never agreed to take a student until now."

Now it was your turn to glance at the male at your side with widened eyes. That was really kind of Benjiro to offer his services when he had no obligation. And you were more than happy that it was him that would be teaching you, rather than someone else. "Thank you."

"You  must be tired but if you wish to get started, you're both free to do so. You're both dismissed." Nodding, you both rose to your feet and walked out of the office. 

The walk was silent and even pleasant, but there there was a question that could not be just pushed to the back  of your mind. Clearing your throat, you gathered some courage to ask. "Im really happy that you're going to train me, but I'm curious as to why you chose to be the one to train me."

The male hesitated before he spoke. "There are not many that specialize in poisons and antidotes, which is even harder here where there is nothing but desert. Which also means that those interested are limited, and even so, they are not completely serious to learn. That's why I am reluctant to take in a student. When the Kazekage was looking for  someone to teach you, I had heard of some rumors so I read your file. Perhaps it is inappropriate that I was intrigued, specially when you suffered enough. I was surprised by how you managed to escape, specially at such a young age."He took a long pause as you both continued to walk. "I am going to be honest with you, I have not told the Kazekage yet, but I wish to train you and teach you everything I know about poisons. That decision is for you to take, and you'll have plenty of time to think it through."

Everything was going so fast that it was hard to decide. What did you want to harness? You didn't know, there was a lot to learn before that. But, you that you owed him. Did his specialization in poisons interested you? Not at all, not now at least. Restraining a groan, you watched the path in front of you. "I cannot give you an answer, I really wish that I could say that I do but I am not sure."

He looked at you from the corner of his eyes and a smile painted across his lips. "That's all I need to hear, thank you for your honesty." He came to a complete stop, which caused you to halt your steps as he got in your path facing you. "Are you ready?"

Not entire sure what he meant, you searched your brain for what he meant, but you realized what he was talking about. He was talking about your new path, and your new role as his student which would not be easy. Your eyes narrowed, looking much more serious than you ever did in your life. "I'm ready." 

With that, he ran off waiting for you to catch up to him. For just a couple of seconds, you gazed at his back, as your heart began to race with excitement. This was it, you have chosen your new path. The best part of it was that you were not scared, no, you were more than thrilled to engage in your new adventure.