Chapter 19

Why did you have to go back to the Leaf? Especially since you were starting to get to get a little familiar with your own home. It took just one day for you to be requested back to the Leaf, apparently it was an emergency. Whatever was happening there seemed to have been of great importance or the message wouldn't have arrived so soon.

Whatever that emergency was, you just wanted to stay where you were. You wanted to groan in pain, but feeling the arms tightened under your legs reminded you that it was not right for you to complain when you were being carried. 

The man carrying you was the same man that took you to the Sand Village. You didn't get the chance to ask for his name, until this team was introduced to you. His name was Benjiro Kimura, and he was covered all in black. Black ninja pants, sleeveless shirt, long ninja sandals, and a very long coat, all black. His hair, very short almost shaved, also black and his eyes, also black. Why de decided to dress in such a manner was beyond you. 

"Are you all right?" Despite his serious face, his voice was gentle and calming.

It was embarrassing having to be carried like a baby simply because your feet were too tired and swollen to continue. You were able to travel the long distance from the Leaf to the Sand Village but that was because you had taken breaks and rests during the night. Now if you were lucky you guys took breaks and sometimes rest every other day. They had a reason as to shorten amount of time to arrive at the Leaf Village. 

Just a couple of days when you all departed from the Sand Village, you were ambushed. Although your companions managed to fight back, some managed to get wounded but not to heavily.

Maybe they were thieves but they just didn't feel like thieves. When the leader's eyes had landed on you, you just knew that they were not there to try and to steal. No, if you were right, they were there to either retrieve you or kill you. The mere thought gave you unpleasant chills. 

Shaking your head, you let out a long sigh. "I'm okay, I think I can walk now."

But even as you tried to peel yourself from his back, his hold tightened. "Do not strain yourself, we're only hours away."

Glancing back at the other two, your heart clenched in anguish. They were just so tired that even   Oshin, who specialized in medical ninjutsu, didn't have the energy to cure any more wounds. After the attack their main concern was to get leave fast, and stop as little as possible. 

These guys looked so exhausted, and yet, they refused to say anything. They just went onward, with so much determination in their eyes. It was admirable to see. 

From the very start, they seemed to have been curious about your significance and importance for both villages. Or at least, for now, what if the other villages requested your help? Frowning slightly, you shook your head not wanting to go there. Anyway, they must be curious but even as they lightly chatted amongst themselves, they glanced at you every now and then. 

Although you wanted to talk to them so that you could get to know them because if you planned to accept the Kazekage's request, they will be your fellow comrades in the near future. But you couldn't bring yourself to start the conversation, so you opted for watching the surroundings. 

How releaved you were when the gates appeared closer and closer. How you would love to take a shower, eat and rest. In no time, you were greeted by the guards who appeared to be surprised with the early arrival.

"What happened?" One of them questioned.

Benjiro, once inside the village, stopped walking. "It was an ambush, it was essential to arrive here as soon as possible. Now, my comrades need food, rest and medical aid, so I do hope to speak to the Hokage."