Chapter 48

It was days since you left that place, days since you walked aimlessly  without a location. It was days with your wounds that had yet to be healed, but without the proper care, they only got worse. The moving sensation in your flesh on your shoulder and chest, you could only think of those white disgusting bugs.

Your body is beyond exhausted, it feels rather cold despite the sun showering you with it's warmth. Because of your blood loss, your gaze becomes unfocused as you continue your way.

Water. Your mind pleads, as your throat burned with dryness. Hazily, you stop your steps, you rub your eyes and look around. That's when the sound of running water rings in your ears. Swallowing hard, you took a few steps until you felt dizzy, making you trip with your own feet. After regaining some kind of control, you continue your way to what you discover to be a river.

You reach its edge, and get on your knees to cup some water and drink some of the flowing clean water. The reflection on the water stopped you for a second, whoever stared back at you was someone completely different. The person reflected there is dirty, there's dry blood on your face, dirt, and some of the skin is bruised. 

Again, your sight faltered, making your shut your eyes and grasp the ground. But the world around you began to sway until you felt as if you were falling forward. Then, there was nothing.
____

Several voices snapped you out of your deep sleep, as you open your eyes, the light is so bright that it makes you wonder if you are dead. If it were not for the intense pain all over your body, you would believe that indeed it was.

Blinking several times to allow your eyes to get better, you turn to your right side, only to hiss as pain dominates that side of your body. You return to your previous position, and finally open your eyes. 

Only for a couple of seconds, you stare at the sealing before you twist your head to the side the the hushing voices.A couple of feet away from what assumed was the bed, there was a group of girls dressed in Kimonos.

There is no sign of hostility coming from them but you could not risk trusting people you just met. If there was a lesson you learned was that you never stop knowing people.

Seating up, you grasp your shoulder which hurts much more. As you seat up, the sheet covering your body lowered showing your bandaged torso. You look clean, as if someone had taken their time to bath you. Now you could clearly see your body, so beaten from your previous escape and from the harsh treatments.

Being around two men, you have never felt so embarrassed and ashamed to have someone else look at your body, even if there was not much skin showing. "Who are you and where am I?" 

The girls glance at one another as if asking who would take the responsibility of giving the answers. Finally, one of them whispered to another, and whatever she said caused the other to rush outside of the room. "Please," the girl turned around to face you and smiled, "just wait a little longer. I am afraid that the answers you are searching for can only be given by someone else. What we can offer is food if you are hungry, or anything that you might need. For the time being, restrict your movements or you'll reopen your wounds."

"I don't need anything." As if you had not heard her words, you attempted to stand to your feet. Some of them hurried to your side, but  the  glare you sent their way, they stopped. 

When your feet touched the ground and the cover was thrown to the side, it revealed your half naked body. Just as you were searching for your clothing, two other people entered the already crowded room.

Two males with strong presences walked in the room. They just walked past the door and stopped there, while the others hurried it outside. Their eyes roamed around your body but not in a perverse way, just curious as to why you had so many bruises. It felt so wrong, so disgusting to have their eyes on your flesh, so you sat back on the bed and covered yourself.

Both of them looked and felt intimidating, not a single hint of emotion showed on their faces. "I was told you had questions, and I am sure we will be able to answer them once you answer our questions." The male with dark long hair stepped forward entering further in the room. There weren't any more chairs so they settled for just standing. "Tell me, what is your name?" 

No matter if these people had saved your life,  you couldn't just trust them. Remaining in silence seemed the best option for right now. Though that didn't seem to go well with the white haired man. His eyes narrowed as he stepped forward. "He asked you a question." 

The other male's arm grasped the hand of the white haired on. Said male glanced back to receive a shake of the head from the other man. "Tobimara, that is enough."

The other male walked forward but now with a kinder gaze, he stopped just as his legs touched the bed. He looked socked as you pressed yourself against the wall in what seemed to be fear. "My name is Hashimara and this is my brother Tobimara. Please forgive our suspensions but when we are in the middle of a war,we must be cautious." The man informed. "You were found floating in a lake within our property which is highly guarded." That was all he said, but there was a hidden question upon what he revealed.

Nothing he said didn't make sense, war? You would have believed that you were just dreaming but the pain was too intense for that to be part of your dream. Besides, the last thing you remember was trying to drink water from a  river not a lake. 

"Are you alright?" The man questioned as you didn't respond. He reached forward with his hand and rested it on your shoulder. However, upon his touch, it was as if you were scorched by fire. You flinched away, pushing yourself away from him. 

"Don't touch me." It wasn't a snarl nor a growl, it was almost as if you were afraid of the mere friendly touch. 

The man retreated his arm back as he glanced back at his brother. "I'm sorry."

"My name is [Name] [Last Name]." You sudden voice recaptured their attention. "I don't know how I got into that lake." There was more that you wanted to tell them, like the fact that where you came from, as far as you knew, there was no such thing as war. 

"When you were found, you were badly injured. What happened to you?" Although you weren't looking at him, the tone of his voice suggested that you were hiding more than you let on.

Gripping the sheets of the bed, you furrowed your eyebrows. "I don't want any trouble, I'll leave as soon as I get dressed."

Tobimara despite having a relaxed expression of his face, Hashimara knew that he wasn't pleased with the outcome. "You're still injured so why don't you rest and when you are ready to talk, we'll be waiting." With that, they both left you to rest more. 

That only left you puzzled and eager to leave at once. If these people were talking about war, then you were not so sure what the hell was happening. Though you wanted to leave, rest could help think things through so you returned to the comfort of the bed and slept for the rest of the day.

___

"What are you doing? She could be a spy and you're just letting her stay?" Tobimara stopped walking to frown at his older brother.

Hashimara took a long needed breath. "That's a possibility but she could just be someone affected by the war. Did you take a look at her bruises? At her wounds?" The eyes of the man lowered to the ground. "I can only imagine what was done to her in order to act so afraid. For now we will observe her and if she is indeed a spy, we'll make a decision." Making that his last decision, Hashimara resumed his path. 

Who in the world were you? He could just believe that you were indeed a victim of the war, but there was no way for a defenseless girl to enter their territory. There was more that they needed to uncover about you and for that, they needed time. That's why he didn't order for any of the medic ninja to heal your wounds, otherwise you would be leaving at once. For now, it was best to have you close.