Nerd.

Three years ago

"McKenna go ask Mr. Jameson if I can borrow his hole puncher." My AP American Literature teacher, Ms. Kelly told me. I nodded and got out of my seat and walked across the hallway, into Dr. Jameson's classroom.

I don't take him sense he does not teach AP classes, but he knows me well, all teachers do really. I'm a teacher's pet I guess you could say. I just know what I want to do with my life and if you try to get in the way of me and my success, it'll be the last thing you ever do.

"She needs the hole puncher doesn't she?" Mr. Jameson greeted me.

I chuckled lightly as I nodded. He walked across the room to grab it off of his desk. The girl standing at the pencil sharpener, Tori, looked me up and down, her eyes lingered on my shoes for a moment then she mean mugged my face. I couldn't fight off the grin that showed on my face. I grabbed the hole puncher from Mr. Jameson and walked out of the room. I love when people mean mug me. It makes me feel important, like I know I'm being noticed. I'm not just a bump on a log. Is that weird?

I took my seat after handing Ms. Kelly the hole puncher and went back to answering the short questions that were on the board. Most people around me either flicked through their books searching for the answers, or stared off into space trying to find the answer somewhere in their brain. I'm just glad I have a high comprehension level. I went through the questions in a breeze.

*school bell sounds*

Well that's the end of school for today. I didn't leave immediately though, I went to the library where soon book club would began. I sat at the computer and logged onto my business email. It was flooded almost. I had to pick the ones I wanted to work with.

I know your probably thinking, "What business does she have?"

Well, I do research papers, books reports, essays and etc. The price is $5 per page or 5¢ per word depending on the curriculum. I earn a good amount of money, which all goes towards my college fund. I picked my three choices for this week: a book report on a book I enjoyed reading a couple years back, a research paper about the genetics of fraternal twins, and an autobiography on Albert Einstein. I emailed those people back and then I met my group on the bean bags as we discussed our book for the week, "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austin.

-

When I got home, I changed my clothes and walked downstairs into the kitchen where my sister sat texting lord knows who. Probably another boy that she'll love until a better looking one comes by.

"Hey, Mckenna." She smiled.

I smiled too, "Hey, MaKayla." I said. I sat at the table by her and pulled up my laptop. I went to typing away and got the book report done in about 20 minutes. I saved it on my junk drive and closed my laptop.

"Tori told me that you seized her up today," Makayla said. I just looked at her. I didn't even entertain that with a reply. "She's my best friend. You should stop hating her."

"I don't have time for this." I mumbled as I walked out of the house all together. I walked across the road to my best friend, Courtney's house. I walked in and all the way to their family room where she sat talking to a boy whose back was turned to me.

"Hey Mckenna!" Courtney waved crazily like she hadn't saw me in five years.

"Hey!" I waved back enthusiastically. The boy turned around and I got a good look at his face, and so help me god I almost fainted. He had perfect, acne free skin, adorable eyes, defined biceps, and the build of a quarter back.

"Hello," he said. His voice was deep, yet not too deep...... and sexy as hell. "I'm Dominic, Courtney's cousin." he introduced himself.

"I'm McKenna, her best friend." I said. I put my hand out, and he shook her.

"Dominic moved in today. He starts school tomorrow." Courtney said.

"In the middle of the semester?" I asked.

"They made an exception." she shrugged. I nodded

"Well you want to hang out with us today? I could introduce you to my brother. How old are you?" I asked.

"15." he said.

I smiled, "So am I. My brother is 15 too. He's in the ninth grade like us. He's only a couple months younger than me." I said.

"How?" he asked.

"My dad had an affair before me and my sister was born.... it was a huge mess." I summarized. He just nodded.

I let that be my permission, and led him and Courtney across the street, into my house. Tori and Makayla were in the living room, so when we walked in, they automatically looked up. Lustful looks captivated their eyes.

"Dominic this is my twin sister, Makayla as her best friend, Tori." I introduced them.

"Nice to meet you." he nodded. I couldn't help but notice his eyes linger on Makayla. Oh great! Another cute boy that is too immature to find himself a real girl.

Wait

'Don't jump to conclusions,' I told myself. 'He doesn't even know that she's a garden tool.'

"What's up?" Micah greeted us as he walked downstairs.

"Hey Micah this is Dominic." I introduced him.

"Who is Dominic?" Micah rose his eyebrows.

"Chill dude he's Courtney's cousin. He just moved in." I explained.

Micah chuckled at my reaction before replying, "Dude you can chill with me and the crew. These females full of nothing but drama." Dominic laughed, but he still followed him out the door.

A part of me felt sad like I didn't want him to go. It was weird. I never felt like that about anybody at all. I shook my head, figuratively shaking those feelings off.

"I'm having a party tomorrow." Makayla announced. I rolled my eyes. Lord kill me now.

Nothing?

....Ok

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share