The Turn of Tables

While our cozy soon-to-be-wedded couple landed safely in Vegas and were on the way to the hotel where they would rest and get ready, the families of these two were gathered in the Jeon villa. Jeon villa was a totally flamboyant and chaotic affair just like its residents, but let's discuss that some other day. So the Jungs/Kims and Mins all were seated in the round sofa pit of the Jeons' which was in the middle of their lavish living area. (Focus on the plot Ana, stop discussing interior designs with your bestie, Yoongi!)

SO YEAH,  they were all sitting and there was a video that was playing on their big ass tv. The video was found to be sent to the Jeons family group. When it started, the pair who went missing were sitting on the bonnet of the luxury car that Jungkook owned. Kook was first to speak, " Hello everyone, sorry for disturbing your good night's sleep, but we need to do this now. So you people kind of dropped a bomb on us earlier. We thought we were meeting to get to know one another, then BAM! We came to know about the week's ultimatum. Which you people least could have been honest about when you first mentioned the match making thingy to us. But because you didn't want either of us to say no to 'your' preposition, you kept it hidden. Thus we have made a decision on our own, a decision we should have given a chance to make as consenting adults, who are responsible for making their life as they want. Especially you mom and dad, you people emotionally blackmailed me to the things which you thought were best for me. So I need to draw certain boundaries, as I don't want anything like this to happen in the future."

Then he suddenly nudges Tae for his cue to speak. "Umm actually I wanted to say…" Tae started fumbling with his words, until Kook gave him a gentle pat on his back. Tae took a deep breath and continued, "You guys shouldn't have tricked us like this. It was a bad thing to do. When I came back, Noona and Chim didn't even ask me how the talk went. What if Jungkookie was some creep or one of those unkind people who make me uncomfortable. You directly jumped to the point that we 'have to' get married in a week. Though Jungkookie is very sweet and kind, it was for us to decide if we are good for each other. But then I came to know, you people already had decided everything a few weeks ago. Don't you think it was unfair to me? To him? I know you people only want what's best for us. But to make the choices for us was wrong. To think I cannot make my own decisions, was wrong. I am a grown up. I don't need a babysitter.  So I am going to make a decision, because I want to make it, not because I have to or because someone made it for me."

He then looked at Jungkook in the hopes that he would continue the rest of the message, "So, we have decided that we are getting married today! We are already on our way to the place where we will be getting married. And it pains both of us that we are doing it alone. But I think you guys deserve this little punishment, not getting to attend our wedding.  What y'all think?" There comes a little pause that allows the unsettled members of their families to gasp in disbelief. They whisper things to themselves in protest of what the 'kids' said. Only Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok (ofcourse) manage to show some acceptance. 

"I guess they have a point. You people have driven them too crazy with all these hidden facts and drama. I had told you all to be honest with them since the start. You people met for a number of times before finalizing everything, but allowed them to meet only once before dropping the weight of the whole ship on to their heads. I know everyone wanted to make sure they were right for each other before they even met, but isn't that their decision to make? They are grown ups, right?" Yoongi questioned. 

"I agree Yoongi-ah, we did go overboard. We should have given them some more time." Said Namjoon, comparatively more relaxed from the worry, but guilt creeping up his face.

Jin counters to that, "Give them time? Oh I think not. I don't know about Taebear, but our brat would have made sure that he sneaks out of these talks, if he had any more time." 

"Uncle Jin, maybe he wouldn't have, you said he was very smitten by Tete." Jisoo asked. 

Hoseok, who's observing their interactions, had to break it to them."Guys, can we discuss this later? I had to pause the remaining video because we were processing what they said, but we shouldn't delay watching the full message, as we know they might get hitched before we end our discussions. And we don't want to miss that, do we now?" He gives a pointed look to his wife who has Minji sleeping in her arms, unknown to the chaos happening around. 

Yoongi quickly responds instead of Jisoo, who seems to be having so many thoughts running through her mind, "Yeah, Hoba, play the rest of the video."

The Jungkook on the screen starts to speak again,

"I don't think you will ever agree to what I just said, and that is so disrespectful towards both of us. But just because we love you guys and know that you meant well. I'll allow you this one chance….", Tae quickly crosses his chain of words and adds his own, "I don't wanna get married without you guys being there. This is the first and last time I am doing it, and I want to share this moment with you guys. I know it's not a wedding we see in the movies, and though I never wanted to get married, I still have a few things I dreamed of  doing if I ever get to. And being with my family on this day is one of them. And also I want to wear white, hold baby pink flowers in my hands, want Minji to be my flower girl, and want appa to walk me down the aisle. Does that make any sense, Jungkookie?" He asks Kook while tearing up a bit. Kook, who is still processing this hell lot of information given by his emotionally sensitive fiancé, manages to say just, "yeah, yeah I get it." 

Then he shifts his focus on the camera again, resuming what he was saying before, "Yeah, so I was saying as much as I would love to keep you away from the wedding, to teach y'all a lesson, Tae is still hung upon having you all here. So here's the deal. If you guys promise not to put your respective noses in both of our business again, I'll let you know where we are going and if you reach there in time, you get to attend our wedding. What's say? If you are ready to promise this, you will get your dreams fulfilled. So think carefully. Mr Jung would get a message on his phone, telling you what Y'all need to do. Ciao!" And with that the video ended.

"Aunt Jess, don't mind me, but you have a brat of a son. He even turned my Tete on his side." Jimin says fuming.

"I wouldn't disagree with that!" Jin agrees, fuming just as much.

Jessica adds to it, "He is a brat, alright! But they have a point. We could step a little back. We need to listen to them just once. We can make that promise." 

"We can, but that does mean we follow it through! They will always need us. Tete is still very young and naive. "Jisoo thinks out loud.

Hoseok shakes his head in disbelief, saying, "Ji, babe, you are missing the whole point here. They want us to leave them alone, and that's actually very reasonable. You people think they are grown-up enough to marry, but not enough to choose what's right and wrong. That is so ridiculous! Would you like my mom making all the decisions for us? No, right? So let's do what they say, at least we get to see them get married."

Everyone seems to be agreeing to that, but Hoseok and Jungkook knew better. The circus will be back to its original condition once the wedding is over. But they at least could be hopeful that the members of the circus would follow some limits now on.